Canned Cream of ___________ Soup

GeorgiaXplant

I'm no purist, and don't make my own cream soups. I use canned Cream of Whatever, low sodium or no salt added if I can find it. There are those who have shamed me in the past for not making my own. Am I the only one who can't make a casserole without canned Cream of Whatever soup?

I'm no purist, and don't make my own cream soups. I use canned Cream of Whatever, low sodium or no salt added if I can find it. There are those who have shamed me in the past for not making my own. Am I the only one who can't make a casserole without canned Cream of Whatever soup?
I'm sure you're not the only one!

Myself, I don't use them, I make a white sauce. But then, I don't make a lot of casseroles, so for me it's no big deal.

I do remember a summer squash casserole from the 70's or maybe the 80's that used canned cream of chicken, sour cream, cheese croutons and grated carrot. It was very good.

Canned Cream of Mushroom Soup. Cooked mixed in with peas and carrots make a great meal over toast. I love it because it tastes good and is easy to make.

Cream of celery soup.
Skinless, boneless chicken breast filled with Swiss cheese and black forest ham held together with toothpicks.

Add white wine instead of water to Cream of Celery soup . Place chicken in casserole dish and cover with soup. Baked for 35 to 45 minutes depending on chicken

Serve with canned French green beans and rice.
Super easy and really good.

Cream of celery soup.
Skinless, boneless chicken breast filled with Swiss cheese and black forest ham held together with toothpicks.

Add white wine instead of water to Cream of Celery soup . Place chicken in casserole dish and cover with soup. Baked for 35 to 45 minutes depending on chicken

Serve with canned French green beans and rice.
Super easy and really good.
Can we have this tomorrow? What time should I be there?

You must really like to cook. That's way too fancy for me. And I've never seen Can of Celery Soup--not around these parts, anyway. But sounds really good. Would you be able to FEDEX some to me? :)

I had so many good recipes that called for cream of whatever then I was diagnosed with celiac disease. All those condensed soups are loaded with gluten. I even wrote to Campbells soup company about the situation, I got no response. Progresso has a line of gluten fee soup but it isn't condensed. I've made my own cream base but it just isn't the same or as easy.

I love cooking and this would be considered a cheat dinner for if you don’t have time to think of something fancy yet want something fancy.
This recipe was given to me by an elderly women when I went back to school ; was a student. Anyway I’ve used it many times for when I had company and it has always worked fabulously without fail every single time.

It’s the type of recipe you like to have when you’re trying to impress the in-laws when you first meet them or your husband. Lol. This was the first meal I made my man and I made it in a toaster oven. He loved it. It’s far easier than it sounds.

I had so many good recipes that called for cream of whatever then I was diagnosed with celiac disease. All those condensed soups are loaded with gluten. I even wrote to Campbells soup company about the situation, I got no response. Progresso has a line of gluten fee soup but it isn't condensed. I've made my own cream base but it just isn't the same or as easy.
That’s when I started making my own sauces. They are filled with gluten and a lot is sodium. Too much for my liking. I prefer making my own.

Wondering if the gluten free soups if lack flavour?

I love real, scratch made cream of mushroom soup but discovered a quick cheat that is pretty good.

Put a can of Campbell's C. of M. into blender along with 1/2 can cream and blend until smooth. Saute roughly chopped fresh mushrooms in butter, add contents of blender and 1/2 can good white wine, check for seasonings and heat (do not boil). If too thick, add more cream or milk. Garnish with sprig of parsley .

What type of mushroom and amount depends on your personal taste but I like at least 1/2 lb. button 'rooms per can

Back