Cat Owner's Thread: Post Photos Of Your Cat(s) Here, Share What Foods You Feed and Products You Use

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
My cat is a 10 yrs. old Manx, and we've had him since he was a kitten. My husband named him Loki (Norse God of Mischief). I free-feed him BLUE Indoor Hairball and Weight Control dry food, his fur is very thick and he has hairballs that I try to keep in check. I also use Tomyln hairball remedy someimes, put a small amount on his front leg.

Along with the dry food, he gets 1/3 if a small can of wet food. I put a drop of light olive oil onto his plate before I put the canned food there, he usually runs over and licks up the oil right away, loves it. I feed him Wellness chicken pate, Natural Balance turkey and giblets and Natural Balance chicken and liver pate. Sometimes I get him Avoderm chicken dinner. He doesn't like fish flavored canned foods, but will eat salmon, shrimp or crab meat if we give him some as a treat. We usually give him Orijen freeze dried cat treats or some other freeze dried treat in the morning and evening.

I'm using Fresh Step clumping cat litter, fragrance and dye-free. Here are a few pictures of him out camping with us. Please post some photos of your cats, tell us a bit about them and share what foods and products you use. :)

full

full

full

Your Loki is BEAUTIFUL! Our cat Bugsy is a combo Bombay/Manx. He wouldn't be half as adorable with a tail. Bombays and Manx's have very similar personalities. They are very social and love their humans.

We feed Bugsy Hill's Science Diet for weight control combined with Meow Mix. We call it the healthy food and the junk food mixed up. We also feed him wet food at night. It is prescription for urinary tract health. The urinary tract seems to be the biggest issue with male neutered cats.

Bugsy was overweight when we adopted him and he still is because he loves just snuggling up and snoring. I'll bet your Loki snores as well because of his short muzzle. Bugsy very sweetly meows and purrs when we are giving him food. He is a little piglet.

Also, look at our Milo who looked very much like your Loki. He was a cuddly, sweet boy and we miss him!

Bugsy 3.jpg

Milo.jpg

Your Loki is BEAUTIFUL! Our cat Bugsy is a combo Bombay/Manx. He wouldn't be half as adorable with a tail. Bombays and Manx's have very similar personalities. They are very social and love their humans.

We feed Bugsy Hill's Science Diet for weight control combined with Meow Mix. We call it the healthy food and the junk food mixed up. We also feed him wet food at night. It is prescription for urinary tract health. The urinary tract seems to be the biggest issue with male neutered cats.

Bugsy was overweight when we adopted him and he still is because he loves just snuggling up and snoring. I'll bet your Loki snores as well because of his short muzzle. Bugsy very sweetly meows and purrs when we are giving him food. He is a little piglet.

Also, look at our Milo who looked very much like your Loki. He was a cuddly, sweet boy and we miss him!

View attachment 204223

View attachment 204225
Awww...the little one curled up is adorable! But the black cat is stunning! :love:

View attachment 204223

View attachment 204225
Milo was a beautiful boy, thanks for sharing his photo, rest peacefully little one. Your Andy and Bugsy look very sweet too, I'd like to hug them both in that bird watching pic. 💚 Loki does love us, but he's afraid of people and other dogs. That's because we rarely have people over, but when we do, he hides in the basement or under our bed. Funny one day our friend came over and after a couple of hours we ordered a NY style pizza from a local pizzeria, I picked it up and brought it home. We had it on the coffee table in the living room, and Loki zoomed out from under the bed and put his front paws up on the coffee table to check out the pizza. He doesn't eat things like pizza, but we all laughed when I said, 'oh, Garfield isn't afraid of company any more'.

Loki is a big purrer too, I can just look at him or talk to him and he purrs. He purrs himself to sleep when he cuddles with me at night, I know he's asleep when the purring stops. No snoring, but he sometimes makes tiny sweet noises. Glad your Bugsy gives you sweet mews, mine does that too. Cats bring so much joy and warmth into a household, special creatures.

Milo was a beautiful boy, thanks for sharing his photo, rest peacefully little one. Your Andy and Bugsy look very sweet too, I'd like to hug them both in that bird watching pic. 💚 Loki does love us, but he's afraid of people and other dogs. That's because we rarely have people over, but when we do, he hides in the basement or under our bed. Funny one day our friend came over and after a couple of hours we ordered a NY style pizza from a local pizzeria, I picked it up and brought it home. We had it on the coffee table in the living room, and Loki zoomed out from under the bed and put his front paws up on the coffee table to check out the pizza. He doesn't eat things like pizza, but we all laughed when I said, 'oh, Garfield isn't afraid of company any more'.

Loki is a big purrer too, I can just look at him or talk to him and he purrs. He purrs himself to sleep when he cuddles with me at night, I know he's asleep when the purring stops. No snoring, but he sometimes makes tiny sweet noises. Glad your Bugsy gives you sweet mews, mine does that too. Cats bring so much joy and warmth into a household, special creatures.
I love cats that purr loudly. Andy is a big cat with a tiny little voice. I can barely tell when he is purring. Bugsy is a big purrer. Yes, he snores and he occasionally wakes himself up with a "snortle" and it cracks us up. Our Milo used to do the same thing.

Like your Loki, Andy is very skittish. When the doorbell rings he runs upstairs. He is also afraid of storms and he hides under the bed. Bugsy, on the other hand, is very social. When the doorbell rings he runs to the front door. We had a repairman come to the house the other day and Bugsy was rubbing against his legs. I had to apologize. :ROFLMAO: Bombays are social butterflies. We were so lucky to find something as rare as a Bombay/Manx mix for adoption at a pet shelter.

Still, Andy can be pretty chill sometimes. He is in a trance in our laps when we watch TV. I know you will get a kick out of this. Our cats seem to always show their tummies so I guess we are "cat whisperers".

IMG_0120.jpg

I love cats that purr loudly. Andy is a big cat with a tiny little voice. I can barely tell when he is purring. Bugsy is a big purrer. Yes, he snores and he occasionally wakes himself up with a "snortle" and it cracks us up. Our Milo used to do the same thing.

Like your Loki, Andy is very skittish. When the doorbell rings he runs upstairs. He is also afraid of storms and he hides under the bed. Bugsy, on the other hand, is very social. When the doorbell rings he runs to the front door. We had a repairman come to the house the other day and Bugsy was rubbing against his legs. I had to apologize. :ROFLMAO: Bombays are social butterflies. We were so lucky to find something as rare as a Bombay/Manx mix for adoption at a pet shelter.

Still, Andy can be pretty chill sometimes. He is in a trance in our laps when we watch TV. I know you will get a kick out of this. Our cats seem to always show their tummies so I guess we are "cat whisperers".

View attachment 204376
You better be nicer to that poor boy, he looks so stressed! :mad: :)

Cat Owner's Thread​

Can we get something straight? Cats do not have owners, dogs have owners, cats have staff.
My avatar is our beautiful Lulu whom we said farewell to last October, she is still missed.
Ruby Mae.jpgruby.jpgRuby3.jpgruby-mae.jpg
Say hello to Ruby-Mae, so called because she arrived on our ruby wedding anniversary which just happens to be in the month of May.
We have another Birman, name of Khandi, she really does have staff. I need to search for her photos. Meanwhile this is Lulu who is now peacefully, at rest.
lulu.jpg

Back