CBT self taught / online?

Nathan

Anyone here self teach or take an online course in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy? I would certainly prefer being taught by a counselor or therapist in person, but with Covid precautions and such, in-person training would be out of the question. In addition, if in-person therapy was available, it would be an 80+ mile round trip for me.

Cognitive behavioral therapy is a psycho-social intervention that aims to improve mental health. CBT focuses on challenging and changing cognitive distortions and behaviors, improving emotional regulation, and the development of personal coping strategies that target solving current problems.

It's just bunch of convoluted nonsense wordings to me. I have no idea what they are talking about.

Cognitive behavioral therapy is a psycho-social intervention that aims to improve mental health. CBT focuses on challenging and changing cognitive distortions and behaviors, improving emotional regulation, and the development of personal coping strategies that target solving current problems.
Don't they claim that yoga will produce similar results. I have no first hand knowledge myself.

Anyone here self teach or take an online course in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy? I would certainly prefer being taught by a counselor or therapist in person, but with Covid precautions and such, in-person training would be out of the question. In addition, if in-person therapy was available, it would be an 80+ mile round trip for me.
i suppose one could teach themselves this if they had enough mind awareness and the inner strength to do so.

this might interest you Nathan...
Therapy Without a Therapist? | Psychology Today

it's not easy to retrain your own mind not to go places it goes to every day. it's not easy to change your own thought processes. it would take a lot of self awareness and inner strength and will to do it but i think it could be achieved.

You can get cognitive behavioural therapy online where you see and hear your therapist using modern technology. Due to the virus most places now offer it but I’m sure there are online classes also. If you find any please post the info here for others.

You don't need a therapist for that, although it does help to have someone to talk to and provide motivation. But if you're self-motivated, just teach yourself. As the saying goes: it's not rocket science. There are plenty of resources online and many good books.

Don't they claim that yoga will produce similar results. I have no first hand knowledge myself.
Yoga, Taichi and just physical exercise in general will definitely improve your mood, and help chase away the intrusive thinking.
CBT is a 'toolkit' that can be used to retrain the thinking process for a more long term solution.

Back