Celebrate Spring!

Finished cleaning out last row in the garden & put more compost in a few raised beds on Saturday. Mowed most of yard, but have another half an acre to go. Too cold today to do anything outside, so will try to finish in a day or so before rain starts on the weekend.

I've picked up my seeds already & just waiting for mid-May to plant them.

Spring inspires me so much! I have written several poems about spring. I am sharing one of them here with you today. Enjoy!

My Favorite Time of the Year

Through the eyes of velvety blossoms,
Those budding shades of soft pinks and creamy whites,
I watch spring unfold,
Dripping color like a Monet painting,
Honey-rich for the taking.

And over there, I turn to listen to the
Cheerful chirps from those bold red robins,
Thrusting their chests out to the world
As they dance with flair among the
Yellow-capped daffodils; bring more color
For my enjoyment.
All come together like clockwork, streaming forward,
Beautiful and bold, a testimony to what really
Counts in life.

No matter what the news sprouts forth,
No matter what chemicals are spewed into the air,
No matter the diseases and the sadness,
I do not care.
At least not now, not this moment in time.
I take a deep breath as the wind caresses my hair.
I embrace Spring for what it represents,
Because Spring is here, life can continue,
And nothing and no one is going to stop it!

P.A. 2011

UB00808-22u.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/9QQ9jzwR/UB00808-22u.jpg

As lower elevation California vegetation bud to flower to seed cycles in this record wet year wanes, the peak of my busy spring wildflower field work has ended after 7 field trips over 12 days. Still weeks of more post processing to do with 36 images now complete but waiting for various automated imaging computer processes to churn through on my desktop for each does now provide time for other web activity on my laptop. The above image worked about 6pm PDT on April 21 at Carrizo Plain National Monument was just processed this Friday 4/28/023 morning. Sharp 15 image focus stack blend with original 6000x4000 pixels. Next up will be occasional days over next 3 weeks when breezes are minimal, working rose close-ups at our nationally acclaimed San Jose Municipal Rose Garden.

Spring is the time when the snow melts, and up pops all the outside stuff you were supposed to do last fall. So, you have to make the annual pilgrimage to a big box gardening store, in order to buy all the tools/products, that you already own. Summer is when you put it off to the fall. And everybody knows that after fall comes winter. The cycle is complete.

Back