Chandra Levy disappeared May 2001

dobielvr

Lotsa controversy about this case. She was from California working in Washington DC as an intern for the govt. She disappeared while going for a run in Rock Creek Park in DC. She was having an affair w/ Congressman Gary Condit at the time, and speculation was that he may have had something to do with having her disappear. It was said she may have been pregnant w/his child.

She was found a year or so later in Rock Creek Park, where they had done a previous search..but didn't find her then.
Ingmar Guadique was arrested and jailed for a time, then released.

I watched Nancy Grace nightly. I was hooked!

Your thoughts?

Some people are given a face that says, "I'm a horrible, dangerous person." It's like a.....warning.
If a suspect's face indicated guilt or innocence, Gary Condit would be convicted in an instant. As soon as I saw him, I thought, "He not only killed her, he's probably raped & killed several other women."

Another one with a similar face: When I first saw Dr. Conrad Murray, I said, "I don't care what any jury says; He's guilty as hell."

I could see where you might think GC did it, or had someone kill her for him.
I personally don't think he's killed others, if he even did kill CL.

I still to this day can't figure it out.

Was it someone that knew she would be jogging in that park, or just a random encounter, resulting in death...

Over the years, a lot of women have been assaulted on running trails and hiking paths. Not all of them have been accosted by strangers either. Some women have been assaulted by boyfriends and even husbands. Remember the case in Oklahoma and Dr. Hamilton that killed his wife on a walking/running trail? Susan Hamilton

Last edited:
Yes 911, I do remember that. I've seen it a couple of times now on the ID channel.

I'm kind of getting confused, one of them killed his wife at home while she was in the shower, around Valentine's day.
And, the other one killed his wife while they were on the trail together. Both were doctors.

And, I watch too many crime shows...lol

I too thought GC had been involved but they caught Chandra's killer years later. I guess this shows we mustn't snap judge someone guilty.

Over the years, a lot of women have been assaulted on running trails and hiking paths. Not all of them have been accosted by strangers either. Some women have been assaulted by boyfriends and even husbands. Remember the case in Oklahoma and Dr. Hamilton that killed his wife on a walking/running trail? Susan Hamilton
One thing I would never do is wear an Ipod while running or hiking in the woods. You need to hear what's going on around you. The victims might have heard their killers had they not been plugged into headphones.

One thing I would never do is wear an Ipod while running or hiking in the woods. You need to hear what's going on around you. The victims might have heard their killers had they not been plugged into headphones.
The victims might have heard their killers - and what would they do about it?

The victims might have heard their killers - and what would they do about it?
Lots, starting with calling for help, possibly grabbing a rock, a branch, or anything else within ones reach to act as a protector, and in the event the person on the hunt for human prey is a lard-butt, a chance to outrun them, or at best, prepare to fight back.

Lots, starting with calling for help, possibly grabbing a rock, a branch, or anything else within ones reach to act as a protector, and in the event the person on the hunt for human prey is a lard-butt, a chance to outrun them, or at best, prepare to fight back.
Right Marg. That's how you survive and then report. It's also useful not to wear headphones in the woods because there could be animal predators to watch out for. You need to hear rustling leaves and animal noises around you.

Back