Changing our streaming options

Marie5656

Right now hubby and I have been streaming shows from Hulu, Amazon Prime and Netflix. We cut the cable a couple years back. For the most part we have been pretty happy with our choices. But a few weeks back we found we had been watching less of Netflix in favor of the other two. Plus, we both found we were missing content we got on HBO. He loves Game of Thrones. I always liked the movie choices, and Real Time with Bill Mahar. So after some discussion we have decided to drop Netflix, and pick up a subscription to HBO, which we can stream through our Prime video feed. It costs an extra $14.95 a month, but we will be losing the $7.99 Netflix bill. So there will just be a few dollar difference.

For us, since we do not go out to movies, and these entail our entertainment, it is worth it.

This season I waited until Game of Thrones was over and then subscribed to HBO Go for a month to watch the episodes. It's so nice that there are so many great options out there and not being tied up to a long term contract .

This season I waited until Game of Thrones was over and then subscribed to HBO Go for a month to watch the episodes. It's so nice that there are so many great options out there and not being tied up to a long term contract .

Agreed, Mark. Maybe down the road we will switch back. But, as you said, it is nice not dealing with contracts.

I've been a member of Amazon Prime for years, but as much as I've tried I haven't been able to make myself fall in love with Prime videos. There are some things I really like in their lineup, like Bosch and The Americans. Most of their stuff I'm pretty meh about and I absolutely dislike their messy and jumbled-looking interface. That's probably the dyslexic in me talking because visual disorganization tends to throw me but I don't like how their site works.

I've been a member of Amazon Prime for years, but as much as I've tried I haven't been able to make myself fall in love with Prime videos. There are some things I really like in their lineup, like Bosch and The Americans. Most of their stuff I'm pretty meh about and I absolutely dislike their messy and jumbled-looking interface. That's probably the dyslexic in me talking because visual disorganization tends to throw me but I don't like how their site works.

i agree with you about Amazon. As much as I try, can’t get into their shows, think a lot has to do with the interface.

I have Acorn and I recently signed up for PBS Passport.

Netflix is an odd mixture, but they've got some very good shows. I loved Godless. Absolutely gorgeous New Mexico scenery, in case you haven't seen it.

i agree about Amazon's interface. It is a mess ! Sometimes I do feel overwhelmed on Netflix because there are so many shows, some which don't appeal to me. But there are diamonds in the rough. I check up on the TV Reviews on The Hollywood Reporter to keep an eye out for good new shows on Netflix. I usually agree with the reviews there.

Thanks for that, Mark. I subscribed to Hollywood Reporter's email feed.

A couple of years ago I started using the Netflix' website. It's easier to read (for me) than Netflix on my flatscreen.

Back