Chris Jones is done---- move on stupid move Chris.

It's been reported that Jones is looking for a contract that will pay him $30 million annually. His current contract's average-per-year value of $20 million currently ranks ninth-highest among defensive tackles after extensions were signed in the offseason.

It's been reported that Jones is looking for a contract that will pay him $30 million annually. His current contract's average-per-year value of $20 million currently ranks ninth-highest among defensive tackles after extensions were signed in the offseason.
Good to knowšŸ˜„ Now I can look for other athletes that will help raise the cost of tickets to watch a sport.

Thank you. And good luck to him.

Our City government recently approved a new enclosed Stadium for our Football team, so I will see a marked
increase in any sporting event hosted by the city.
We try to go to around 2 home games a year, as we both enjoy Football.
Also travel to a College team's games and meet up with friends.

The cost of attending a live game or Concert will soon hit a level where we can no
longer justify the expense.

Not much we can change about the situation, so We'll just enjoy the time we have.

The cost of attending a live game or Concert will soon hit a level where we can no

longer justify the expense.

Not much we can change about the situation, so We'll just enjoy the time we have.
What cost level would you say is hard to justify?

Just curious as there seems to be no end to the appetite of sports fans around Toronto Canada to buy tickets to see the Toronto Maple Leaf hockey team play.

1 Ticket for this mid-arena view will cost you $1,254.00 for an October 11, 2023 game (per Stub Hub). I saw other seats that weren't much closer going for over $1,400.00/ticket. You'll likely spend another hundred or more on parking & refreshments during the game.

Needless to say, I don't go to any hockey games in Toronto.

Leafs Ticket.jpg

@MrPants, the 'we' part of justifying was just the wife and I attending games.

Right now, tickets to our NFL team are still in our budget range, same with the
concerts we attend. (our team isn't very good right now and the concerts we attend
are mostly artist from our generation)

I see the salaries of pro players and what some artist want for a concert and admit
there is a disconnect.

We, like others, will soon weight the cost to the enjoyment of live events and just
won't participate.

Till then, we'll enjoy our retirement like we planned ahead for.

What cost level would you say is hard to justify?

Just curious as there seems to be no end to the appetite of sports fans around Toronto Canada to buy tickets to see the Toronto Maple Leaf hockey team play.

1 Ticket for this mid-arena view will cost you $1,254.00 for an October 11, 2023 game (per Stub Hub). I saw other seats that weren't much closer going for over $1,400.00/ticket. You'll likely spend another hundred or more on parking & refreshments during the game.

Needless to say, I don't go to any hockey games in Toronto.

View attachment 302748
OR you can do what I do....Watch the Leafs games on The Sports Network, for FREE at home . Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment is one of the most valuable sports franchises in North America. I also watch the Blue Jays and the CFL Argos on TV for free. Paying to go to any pro sport event is a personal choice, right ? No one is forcing fans to pay for tickets, are they ? JimB.

Along with the ticket prices, if our budget won't allow me to have a couple of $10.00 beers
and a $6.00 hot dog, we just stay home and watch it on TV!
Just to poke a bit of fun at you.........The Toronto Blue Jays Tuesday home games offer ONE DOLLAR hot dogs all season long. A typical Jays game draws over 40,000 fans, and the usual number of one dollar dogs sold is 100,000 per each Tuesday game. Every Saturday game at home, the Blue Jays give away 15,000 items for free, including shirts, hats, and personalized items to the first 15,000 people through the gates. Because the Blue Jays are the only Canadian team in MLB, their fans come from all parts of our country. When the Jays play in Seattle, the third base side of the stadium is full of their fans, who come down from British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan by road or air.

Do you follow the Predators ? The Leafs traded one of my distant cousins, Mike Bunting to the Preds this summer. Mike is a bit on the small side at six foot and 190 lbs for a forward, but he is 100 percent a mucker in the corners, and a chirper all game long. JimB.

Son and I go to a few Predator games each year, tickets are hard to get as the fan base grows every year
as 'Us Southerners' get used to Hockey.
With the growth of Nashville and the influx of people from other states, the fans are more knowledgeable
and things will get better.

I'm expecting an average year and hoping we can make the playoffs.

I no longer go to live sporting events. I would enjoy the ambience around the game at the stadium or arena, but I canā€™t justify the prices. I can watch any one of the big games or fights at home with a few friends and the price is included in my cable bill. What these networks are paying for contracts to telecast the events are also becoming ludicrous.

They donā€™t seem to be running themselves out of business. The fans are still willing to pay or charge the ticket fees being charged. Good for them. The last game I went to was the Steelers-Browns game, which the Steelers won easily. I ended up with a $78 ticket stub and having to watch 3+ hours of boring football.

Not long ago, I dated a lady that wanted to see Lionel Richie in concert in Atlantic City. This was maybe 10 years ago. Ticket price was $300 per ticket. I swallowed my pride and bought 2 tickets. Richie cancelled the concert because it didnā€™t sell out, which was highly unusual. We couldnā€™t make it on the make-up date, so I was refunded my ticket costs.

Not a fan of the pros, but will watch the Buckeyes on TV. My last in person game at the Shoe was in 2006. My slightly older brother said the last football game he watched was Sonny Jurgensen's last game - I believe that was in 1974

we will see.
I was wrong about that --my reasoning was chiefs let tyreek hill go-maybe the best player in the league of 32 teams certainly the fastest and best wide receiver- but also a domestic abuser etc...the chiefs have no stomach for that best player or not.....Jones had no such complication....at this point barring injuries they may very well have the best by far defense in the league-again I was wrong i was thinking the chiefs would trade him for two or three top prospects....chances are there were none ...!! it seems to have worked out so far jones along with others are top notch.

Back