Christian church, Jewish Synagogue and Islamic temple all in one building.

Well, they're all talking to the same non-existent entity, so why not share a building, and share the cost of maintenance, heat, electricity, and so on.

Reading further, it sounds like they'll be in different buildings very close to each other on the campus.

We had one chapel on our common defense base in Turkey, which was shared by all faiths. Each had their own cabinet at the front of the chapel that opened up to be an altar. The priest, minister and rabbi held services at their appointed times. Sometimes inter-faith services were held. Everybody got along.

Last edited:
Well, that should bring people together......

A fleeing Taliban, desperate for water, was plodding through the Afghan
desert when he saw something far off in the distance. Hoping to find water, he hurried toward the oasis, only to find a little old Jewish man
at a small stand, selling ties.

The Taliban asked, "Do you have water?"

The Jewish man replied, "I have no water. Would you like to buy a tie? They are only $25.00"

The Taliban shouted, "You Idiot! I do not need an over-priced tie. I need water! I should kill you, but I must find water first!"

"OK," said the little old Jewish man, "It does not matter that you do not want to buy a tie and that you hate me. I will show you that I love my fellow man anyway. If you continue over that hill to the east for about a mile, you will find a lovely restaurant. It has all the ice cold water you need. Shalom."

Cursing, the Taliban staggered away over the hill.

Several hours later he staggered back, almost dead, and said: "You little bastard! Your brother won't let me in without a tie."

Reading further, it sounds like they'll be in different buildings very close to each other on the campus.

We had one chapel on our common defence base in Turkey, which was shared by all faiths. Each had their own cabinet at the front of the chapel that opened up to be an altar. The priest, minister and rabbi held services at their appointed times. Sometimes inter-faith services were held. Everybody got along.

Same with our military chapel in Germany. Never any problems. Just because you are of a different religion doesn't mean you have to hate each other. I was friends with one of the chaplains' wife. All the chaplains and their families and friends used to socialize together and there were many, many "a priest, a minister and a rabbi go into a bar . . . ." jokes told quite good naturedly all the time.

Muslim holy day is Friday when we have Jumah services which usually start between 12 and 1 p.m. There are also Taleem services on Sundays but usually in the afternoon. Your post reminds me of a cute comedy about Muslims called The Little Mosque. One of the episodes was about sharing the mosque with Jewish people (I believe it was). The Imam wanted to do it, one of the naysayers did not. Regarding the arrangement you posted about, they probably didn't anticipate problems otherwise would not have entered into such an agreement. Despite what many believe, the three religions can have a symbiotic relationship based on mutual respect and trust. I remember a story about Muslims helping Jewish people clean up their cemetery which had been vandalized.

Last edited:
Well, we are all People of the Book and all acknowledge one Creator God.
Beyond that there are many distinguishing differences of tradition and interpretations of the nature of God.
One problem would be architecture and interior decoration. Another would be music.
I think the idea of three worship spaces in the same location is a brilliant idea. Add to that ample parking space and perhaps a community hall and I think it would be an excellent innovation.

Back