Christmas decorations

Assuming that you observe Christmas, if you had to choose one theme for your decorations, which would it be of these:

Angels
Santa
Americana
some animal like a cat or dog
Nativity
Nature
other (specify)

Assuming that you observe Christmas, if you had to choose one theme for your decorations, which would it be of these:

Angels
Santa
Americana
some animal like a cat or dog
Nativity
Nature
other (specify)
Oh, come on deb...just know whatever we choose you're going to hop up into that "forever giving attic" of yours and whip out something in that theme, right??? LOL!

I do not have any traditional Christmas decorations, but I do have several ceramic snowmen I put out at the beginning of winter and leave them out all season.
Show me what you got, Deb. LOL. You have a lot of cool things. I will say I do like those cats.

My choice would be a religious theme that is consistent with the meaning of Christmas or a natural theme.

As I've scaled back I'm down to my Nativity scene, a tiny ceramic tree and a couple of small decorations that have sentimental value to me.

I round things out with a big fat Poinsettia and a Giant Amyrillus bulb that I can watch grow for a couple of months.

If the goal is to be rid of the holiday decor maybe it could be donated to a local nursing home or a free table in your local senior center or at your church.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I always put up a Christmas tree and special ornaments that mean a lot to me. I also put up a Nativity set.
And since my Dad passed away I always put a walking doll he bought for me the year my Mom's Mother passed away. My Mom didn't want to celebrate Christmas but since I was only 5yrs old and my sister was 7yrs old my Dad bought both of us walking dolls and had them in whicker baskets waiting for us when we got up. Now my sister and I always put the dolls under our trees.

I seem drawn to the Grinch theme. Old Ebeneezer (pre-reformation) can serve as grist for a memorable holiday motif as well.

iu

I would have to say nativity and nature. My Grandpa bought me my first nativity set when I was about 5 years old. It only had about 7 or 8 figures. Later on he made a wooden manger and a side piece with hand carved fencing to hold the sheep and cattle. As the years passed I bought more figures. Now each wise man has his own camel and quite a few sheep were added. That is the only decoration I need to make it Christmas for me.

My Christmas tree is decorated with ornaments I've collected over the last few decades, and they remind me of the past years and my life over those times. I wouldn't exchange them for any kind of ribbons or colors and any other kind of themes.
This is me also.
I’ve got Christmas ornaments from years gone by. Many made by friends so nothing really matches but I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I’ve also made my own carved ornaments. Once I put up my tree I will take pictures of them but here are some handmade ornaments I’ve done.

B929EA28-4F7C-4395-804C-33F7D3851E05.jpeg0F371CED-626E-4FE6-B8D5-04A526FDE7E2.jpeg007A09F7-FCCA-49B3-9BE2-3F76BD0641C3.jpeg

Not likely to sell anything having to do with cats, but I will keep you in mind. I do have a room full of other decorations. I was thinking of having a "Beat Black Friday" yard sale on Nov 2 & 3, but it will depend on the weather and my ambition level.
Yes, that's a good idea...great time of year to get rid of Christmas stuff!

I really like when people go all out at Christmas with beautiful lights, Christmas trees and moving train sets. Christmas train sets are lots of fun.
We knew some people who had an elaborate train set in their basement which they’d set up every year. It was quite the attraction.

My choice would be a religious theme that is consistent with the meaning of Christmas or a natural theme.

As I've scaled back I'm down to my Nativity scene, a tiny ceramic tree and a couple of small decorations that have sentimental value to me.

I round things out with a big fat Poinsettia and a Giant Amyrillus bulb that I can watch grow for a couple of months.

If the goal is to be rid of the holiday decor maybe it could be donated to a local nursing home or a free table in your local senior center or at your church.

Good luck!

Or maybe donate the unwanted holiday decor to a homeless shelter.

I use a wide variety of decorations including snowmen, angels, trains, Santas, gingerbread men, a couple nativities, bells, snowflakes, poinsettias, bells, reindeer, red ribbons, wreaths and greenery, twinkle lights, red candles, a mantle filled with snow globes, a few Nightmare Before Christmas items, and more that I can't bring to mind.

It sounds like chaos but comes together quite nicely.

Back