Christmas Greetings 2020: Images, Recipes, Music, Poetry and Anything Christmas!

Ruthanne

SF VIP
Everyone seems to have started getting ready for Christmas 2020. I just bought some window lights and little suctions to hang them on my windows. Maybe this will put us all in a better mood...:giggle:

mc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We're planning on setting up and decorating our tree this coming weekend!

Neighbours have already started putting up outdoor lights and decorations.
Cool. I hope it goes well! If I get my lights today I hope to put them up asap. I had some other lights I bought a few years ago and they were still in the box. I opened it and pulled them out and they were tangled so badly--I tried to untangle them for a few hours and then realized it was impossible. I don't know who packaged them but they did a very poor job--I ended up throwing them in my trash.

I hope to get the new ones soon--in the ad it said they are untangled--I sure hope so! 😄

tenor.gif

We got our fake tree out of the garage a few days ago, but it's still in the box in spare bedroom. Also got all of our outdoor decor, out of the garage and is sitting in spare bedroom also. We absolutely LOVE decorating for Christmas, but this year, we won't be sitting up our dining room table Christmas Village buildings.

Most likely, like the two we attended, one in Charleston, SC and the other in Jacksonville, FL, Christmas Boat Parades won't happen. The one in Jacksonville, where we lived for 10 1/2 years, also had a huge fireworks display after the Boat Parade. Miami/Ft. Lauderdale has a really nice one every year, but don't know about this year. Oh well, we now live back in Colorado. No Boat Parades here..........too cold and snow.

Odd that this thread should come up today. After and exhausting afternoon at the supermarket, (I bought the store out, lol), my son and I were sitting and talking about Christmas. Since we've more or less dwindled to just the 2 of us, it won't be a big deal. I asked him for an idea as to what he'd like. He promptly got out a box and said to me, please wrap this as your gift to me for Christmas. I was stunned for I've no idea as to what it is. But when I think about it, he, like my mom, never likes what I get him, so that's what I shall do. As for me, I wanted a new computer with Windows 10 which he pulled out of his office closet. It is a 17 inch Dell Inspiron lap top which is a beauty. I normally don't care for a lap top, but I love this at first sight. He just bought it and was thinking of giving it to me on Christmas, but, I will take it home with me and use that. Back to square one. What do I want for Christmas? Don't ask. This year, it's a no brainer.

Back