CinnamonSugar’s trip—Seattle in the Spring

CinnamonSugar

A Quiet American
Ok, I think I’m awake enough to tell y’all about my trip from Savannah, GA to Seattle WA yesterday. Bear with me, I’m three time zones behind my usual and yesterday was pretty taxing. 🥱

The flight I was taking for the first leg yesterday was more than 30 min late arriving in Savannah (Kudos to the crew— within 20 min of the last passenger disembarking from the previous flight, we were pushing back from the terminal. Has to be one of the quickest turnarounds I’ve ever experienced.). The problem was, my layover in Charlotte, North Carolina, was only an hour.

Got to Charlotte with, oh, 20 minutes to spare. The main problem was – – I’ve experienced this one other time, but never on so tight a schedule– – that the Charlotte airport is set up with five terminals. My plane came in on the E terminal, and my connecting flight was leaving the B terminal, which (it felt like) was at least a mile away. I haven’t power walked that fast for that long in a long, long, long time. I made it with minutes to spare.

we had a good flight, it was just long. Met at the airport by my friends, Lori and Leonard. Enjoyed a delicious home-cooked meal at their home and then crashed in bed

I’ll tell you more later

oooh I feel your panic in the terminal I've had that long rush to another gate with minutes to spare a few times... thank goodness you got there in one piece.. looking forward to your Blog, ..have a wunnerful time..:love:

I think it should be added to the Olympics: The 10-minute Dash from Terminal A Gate 153 to Terminal D Gate 149.

Points will be deducted if all the escalators are working and you don't have to wait for a train.

Extra points are awarded if you are wearing flip-flops and your suitcase is missing a wheel.

Advantage points are possible if you really, really, really have to pee but manage to hold it until the plane reaches altitude and the pilot turns off the seat belt light. There will be a sub-event: The Aisle Rush to Stand in Line at the Restrooms.

So, first day: (my friends and I decided to make this a low key day) First stop after leisurely breakfast was a local yarn shop; lots of pretty yarn but I didn’t buy anything today. I’m holding out for a yarn shop is Issaquah to compare and that’s another day.

next a quick stop at the public library where I took a pic of (what I think are) a type if dogwood blossoms. (It had been raining, so the blooms are a little disheveled)

IMG_0510.jpeg

then we went to a Turkish restaurant for lunch and I had Lahmacun fit the first time. (Very thin flat bread with a beef/lamb/spiced topping, on which you add sliced veggies and parsley and drizzle with lemon juice—delish!!)

no we are getting ready to watch a movie and sip tea. Lovey day so far 😊

So as promised, some plant/flower pics from the area. These are all right where I’m staying. It’s been raining for more than 24 hr, she things are a little droopy but still pretty

IMG_0511.jpeg

peonies in my friend’s back yard

IMG_0512.jpeg

2. Honeysuckle (I’ve only ever seen the yellow ones)

IMG_0513.jpeg

3. If I had to guess what the plant in the foreground is, I’d say a type of yarrow (thoughts, @Georgiagranny or other gardeners?)

IMG_0515.jpeg

4 Everything here gets so lush after the rain!

IMG_0519.jpeg

5. Close up of rain-kissed Japanese maple

So as promised, some plant/flower pics from the area. These are all right where I’m staying. It’s been raining for more than 24 hr, she things are a little droopy but still pretty

View attachment 288652

peonies in my friend’s back yard

View attachment 288654

2. Honeysuckle (I’ve only ever seen the yellow ones)

View attachment 288655

3. If I had to guess what the plant in the foreground is, I’d say a type of yarrow (thoughts, @Georgiagranny or other gardeners?)

View attachment 288656

4 Everything here gets so lush after the rain!

View attachment 288658

5. Close up of rain-kissed Japanese maple
I absolutely love the pink flowers that are first up in this reply! They are so beautiful...rained on or not. I'm glad you're having a good time. I wouldn't have wanted to be you in that airport but I'm also glad you didn't miss your connecting flight. That would not have been a good way to start your trip! Continue to enjoy your vacation and safe travels always my friend.

So spent the afternoon in West Seattle with my friend, Pesha, whom I met when I worked here 5 years ago. Great sharing a lively lunch and catching up on all the news.

and *of course* I had to take a turn around her lovely garden… she really packs a lot (beautifully) into her small plot. Below are a couple pics

IMG_0521.jpeg

IMG_0520.jpeg

Headed south this AM to take a gondola ride up one side of a mountain (link attached) with hope of having a view of the Cascades and Mt Rainier.

hopefully the weather will cooperate and the “mountain will be out”

https://www.crystalmountainresort.c...u2b1cmxnirmMZRIBEPxoCONIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
WOW CS .... you call them Gondolas ?.. we call them Cable cars... Gondolas to us are flat bottomed boats that are punted . I love Cable cars , I go on them everywhere I go in the world when I can find them even here in London to go from one side of the Thames to the other...however I have never been on one with such a glorious view as Mt Rainier.. and soooo cheap too... can't wait for your pictures !:love:

Last edited:
I'm in Florida visiting my friend I helped after last year's hurricane came through and blew his home off the foundation. It's hot down here. In the 90's each day.

Here's a picture of me buying fruit and the local fruit market. I bought Honey Bell oranges, strawberries, cherries, a watermelon and peaches from Georgia. I enjoy eating fruit. I also bought tomatoes and peas.

Veg2.jpg Veg3.jpg
Veg1.jpg

Yes the mountain Was Out!

great time viewing the scenery of Mt Rainier and surrounding mountains
Wow! Great pictures, you are lucky for the weather.

When I was in Seattle I heard that you can tell the weather by looking at Mt Reiner, if you can see it rain is coming. If you can't it is raining...

So spent the afternoon in West Seattle with my friend, Pesha, whom I met when I worked here 5 years ago. Great sharing a lively lunch and catching up on all the news.

and *of course* I had to take a turn around her lovely garden… she really packs a lot (beautifully) into her small plot. Below are a couple pics

View attachment 288707
Look at the size of those Hosta!

I have been out to Seattle and rode U.S. 1 all the way down to LA. I enjoyed looking at the beautiful mountains and stopping by the old lighthouses along the way. I heard some good stories from the lighthouse keepers that are still being used.

Back