Cleaning floors

I use a Swiffer on my tiny kitchen floor but every so often I have to give it a good old fashioned scrub to remove the residue left behind by the Swiffer pads.

330d9937e3fe17d2b7a58bf3e16509f7--vintage-illustrations-the-floor.jpg

This is how I cleaned my floors for years...I even have knee pads just for that...

Since we got the LVT..Whole nother story...Actually I'm starting to hate it.

It shows every single foot print..I think my OCD is getting out of control...:eek:

I vacuum before mopping, then use a Rubbermaid Reveal spray mop with a solution of warm water, vinegar and lavender essential oil. Then throw the reusable pad in the wash, put a clean one on and go over once more. The lavender oil keeps the solution from smelling too vinegary and both are antibacterial.

Well, as I'm not going to eat off my floor I am not overly concerned with keeping it completely sanitary. ;) I want the dirt to not be visible..the spots and drops and bits. I vacuum or sweep to get the loose bits up, and then I mop. I am very old fashioned about my mopping...I like a regular old fashioned cotton mop which I use with a bucket of lemon scented pine sol or Lysol, and wring it out by hand. I can get into all the corners with that kind of mop, swipe at the baseboards as needed, get around the chair and table legs easily, and cut a large swath with it, reducing the time it takes to mop the floors.

I switch to bleach water for the bathrooms .. stronger germ killing properties. I always end my mopping with the bathroom floors so that even after I rinse the mop enough bleach moisture remains on it to keep it from smelling.

Unknown.jpeg

Well, as I'm not going to eat off my floor I am not overly concerned with keeping it completely sanitary. ;) I want the dirt to not be visible..the spots and drops and bits. I vacuum or sweep to get the loose bits up, and then I mop. I am very old fashioned about my mopping...I like a regular old fashioned cotton mop which I use with a bucket of lemon scented pine sol or Lysol, and wring it out by hand. I can get into all the corners with that kind of mop, swipe at the baseboards as needed, get around the chair and table legs easily, and cut a large swath with it, reducing the time it takes to mop the floors.

I switch to bleach water for the bathrooms .. stronger germ killing properties. I always end my mopping with the bathroom floors so that even after I rinse the mop enough bleach moisture remains on it to keep it from smelling.

View attachment 73649

That makes sense. I always laugh when I hear about "killing germs on a floor." Maybe that would be important - if no one ever walked on it again. Clean is OK, but germ-free?

I found a good scrub brush so that I don't have to get on my hands and knees.

It's a curling brush. A long handle with a brush on the end used for brushing the ice in curling.

It worked great.

And then the mop. Finally I was satisfied. The mop by itself won't scrub.

Two buckets. One with a cleaner diluted and a curling push broom.
The other bucket with hot water and a mop.
Scrubbed standing up in sections. Rinsed with the mop.
Finally the results I wanted. Happy Camper.

Back