CNN chief Jeff Zucker exits over sexual relationship with top executive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeni

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cnn-chief-jeff-zucker-resigns-165753318.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

"Zucker stood by Cuomo for months despite revelations the anchor had consulted with his brother over how to respond to a sexual-harassment scandal that enveloped the governor. Chris Cuomo was fired late last year, more than three months after Andrew resigned"

Must have been hard for him to look concerned and fire Chris Coumo over his issues hiding his brothers problems.... pot meet kettle

Last edited:
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cnn-chief-jeff-zucker-resigns-165753318.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

"Zucker stood by Cuomo for months despite revelations the anchor had consulted with his brother over how to respond to a sexual-harassment scandal that enveloped the governor. Chris Cuomo was fired late last year, more than three months after Andrew resigned"

Must have been hard for him to look concerned and fire Chris Coumo over his issues hiding his brothers problems.... pot meet kettle
Not hard at all. Did you not hear that Newt Gingrich, who led the impeachment of Bill Clinton, was at the time involved in an affair. Gingrich said it was a period of "weakness." Humans are flawed. They get married but when the opportunity presents itself, especially in close settings like work, emotions take over. I guess the flesh is weak. Some individuals just won't rein in their animalistic urges.

I just find it ironic that Zucker supported Chris Cuomo's help in covering up issues and His issue was revealed in that investigation.
He knew the company rules in disclosing consensual relationships, would have enforced them on other subordinates if it came up ...... but must have assumed it did not apply to him.

It seems fired Chris Cuomo threatened CNN when they fired him in order to save his job so somehow they found out the CNN staffer was seeing or worked for Andrew Cuomo. The affair isn't the big issue it's the conflicts of interest. Although the boss dating anyone unless upfront is dicey because others could claim bonuses, raises, promotions etc were based on a relationship and not merit.

Not hard at all. Did you not hear that Newt Gingrich, who led the impeachment of Bill Clinton, was at the time involved in an affair. Gingrich said it was a period of "weakness."
Gingrich's wife had CANCER while he was dallying with the lady who became his next wife. She (first? wife)was in the Hospital! Can't let you leave that part out, Bee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
We had a great politician who once said…Government had no business in the bedroom….unless it is sexual harassment then why is it our business? ( this is my opinion only for what it is worth)

Gingrich's wife had CANCER while he was dallying with the lady who became his next wife. She (first? wife)was in the Hospital! Can't let you leave that part out, Bee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is that important ? I don't care who's boinking who ....... so long as it doesn't involve tax-payer money.

The only one that I thought was an exception was the Bubba/Monica thing ........ In the oval office ?! during business hours ? I thought was disrespectful to the office & the people.

I do not need moral leadership from my government ........ as such I do not care what they do, in or out of the bedroom.

Does anyone know what happened with both Chris and Andrew? I liked them both…no longer listen to CNN and barely listen to Canadian news..

@rgp
newt was one of those guys who thought he knew best for everyone. He didn't. I don't care who is boinking, just don't set yourself up as self righteous and never wrongeous. That's all.

Chris Cuomo is rumored to be preparing to sue CNN for the 18 million left on his contract.
The investigation CNN was conducting about Cuomo's departure to see if the can settle the contract dispute.
This is when Zuckers relationship with Allison Gollust a fellow employee.

The chief marketing officer Allison Gollust prior to working at CNN was a spokesperson for Andrew Cuomo.

Chris Cuomo is rumored to be preparing to sue CNN for the 18 million left on his contract.
The investigation CNN was conducting about Cuomo's departure to see if the can settle the contract dispute.
This is when Zuckers relationship with Allison Gollust a fellow employee.

The chief marketing officer Allison Gollust prior to working at CNN was a spokesperson for Andrew Cuomo.
Wow, it's all interconnected. I wonder if Allison and Andrew were ah, ah, ahem?

Hadn't you heard ? ... ever since the Me-too movement , women can do no wrong.

So she'll just stay on , and look for someone else to boink.
Women can do no wrong? Following the Silence is Golden rule to stay out of trouble😉

I don't understand why she has not resigned or been fired. Takes two to tango.
i totally agree she was not a lowly employee but head of marketing making her a senior staff person the policy should apply both ways in a consensual relationship.

Wretched behavior is a truly non-partisan issue. For every Newt Gingrich, there is a John Edwards. For every Andrew Cuomo, a Bill O'Reilly. Give men money, fame and a little bit of power and they will, for the most part, do what they can with it.

Wretched behavior is a truly non-partisan issue. For every Newt Gingrich, there is a John Edwards. For every Andrew Cuomo, a Bill O'Reilly. Give men money, fame and a little bit of power and they will, for the most part, do what they can with it.
Sadly Tis the truth..many an honest man or woman has been corrupted by fame, power and the worse of them all money.

i totally agree she was not a lowly employee but head of marketing making her a senior staff person the policy should apply both ways in a consensual relationship.

I think they are both divorced, as well. He didn't report the relationship as company policy dictated. Also, Chris Cuomo ratted him out in revenge for being stiffed on his contract.

CNN's eagle eyed "media reporter" Brian Stelter (aka Mr. Potato Head) somehow missed this story, despite it being an open secret within CNN offices.

And so far MSNBC has not reported on this story at all.

People wonder why we don't trust the media....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back