Colin Powell former Secretary of State died from Covid complications

Fully vaccinated. I knew I had no faith in that vaccination even though I've got it. It's too sad because he likely had years ahead of him.
I'm impressed with your honesty. It's rare to hear someone who had the vaccine say anything negative about it. They usually boost their confidence by praising it & push others to get it. And some idiots even ridicule others who don't get it.

He had a blood cancer which gave him lower immunity. Please do not make this into another vaccination bashing thread opportunity. Have some respect
The fact that the vaccine didn't protect him has nothing to do with respect for him. No one is blaming him for the vaccine's failure.

R.I.P. Colin Powell. Great man. He spoke the truth even though others didn't like to hear what he was saying. He never held back.
"He spoke the truth?" Uh.......no, he didn't. He was a liar. Just because he died, it doesn't mean we can't be honest:

https://www.logically.ai/factchecks/library/383bd19c

COLIN POWELL DELIVERED his presentation making the case for war with Iraq at the United Nations 15 years ago, on February 5, 2003.
As much criticism as Powell received for this — he’s called it “painful” and something that will “always be a part of my record” — it hasn’t been close to what’s justified. Powell, who was secretary of state under President George W. Bush, was much more than just horribly mistaken: He fabricated “evidence” and ignored repeated warnings that what he was saying was false.

He had a blood cancer which gave him lower immunity. Please do not make this into another vaccination bashing thread opportunity. Have some respect
I just learned on the radio he had blood cancer, I didn't hear this reported on the TV news earlier so I guess I didn't know all the facts when I posted.

That said, I got the vaccine early, first dose in late December 2020. I somehow just knew this wasn't going to stop Covid 19 for those who were vaccinated. I don't know why but I just didn't.

You went too far using the words "vaccination bashing" and "have some respect" (kind of egregious really) toward me. I have mentioned I'm fully vaccinated and I'll get the booster when offered through my job. Never have I made any anti-vax statement here and I don't think my post was. It was just how I felt and has turned out to be the reality. Face it, fully vaccinated people are turning up positive from Covid 19.

Also edit to add: My face (in full PPE) has been inches from active Covid patients and I'm clearly not young. Perhaps think of those of us are doing the work many wouldn't go near with a 10 foot pole.

I'm impressed with your honesty. It's rare to hear someone who had the vaccine say anything negative about it. They usually boost their confidence by praising it & push others to get it. And some idiots even ridicule others who don't get it.
I'm not impressed with your jumping to false conclusions. Read up on multiple myeloma.

Back