Collecting something can give you new purpose, what do you collect.

I've collected books my whole life but I started downsizing a couple years ago. I'm down to a couple hundred now and most of them are in storage bins in a shed in my back yard. I still look through books at the thrift store and occasionally buy a few.
And I thought I was bad. :LOL:

I have a small collection of pocket knives.

I'd like to have more, but I'm too old to start throwing money at something like that.

I used to enjoy watching Cutlery Corner late, late at night/early morning, on one of the home shopping channels.

I think they do a live thing on YouTube, now.

I used to collect ducks, then I sold a few at yard sales. I have several that I will never part with, unless they were really valuable, which I doubt. I collect Southwestern native art, especially pottery, and some of the Northwestern art. I love it all! I collected books for many years and then because of a big move I sold them to a used book store. I kept about a half dozen of my favorites. Then I also collected Taste of home cook books(magazines), recently I gave almost all of them away, a lot of ladies really really liked them and were shocked that I was giving away years and year of them free. They went to good homes I know.

Last edited:
Wile experiencing covid/solitary confinement I decided that I needed something to help exercise/maintain my mind/mental agility so I have been collecting three dimensional/"mind bending" puzzles; for lack of any good way to categorize them I decided to do it by the number of pieces; one piece, 2 piece etc...

The one piece is the so called snake cube... How difficult can a one piece puzzle be? Its a couple of feet long and consists of flexible joints and seems to have only one solution...
6158KzVTDIL._AC_UL320_.jpg

the hardest so far for me was/is the so called coaster puzzle (3 pieces)
metal coaster puzzle 50.jpg

the newest (next week) will be a star puzzle;
61ofuN8ibTL._AC_UL320_.jpg

collecting gives me some thing to look for & look forward to...

My feeling;if you don't use it you'll loose it...

Enjoy!

I also collect (and read) books; ran out of shelf space so I now collect e-books...
Having an e-book collection is relatively boring since it mostly exists in a memory device... it takes essentially no space as its virtual.. Its easy to transport; can carry the library in one hand/pocket...

...collecting real STUFF is much more satisfying. IMO.

Enjoy!

We collected a bunch of Hummel Figurines, years ago. Back in the 1980's that was quite a fad. However, that activity seems to have faded quite a bit over the last couple of decades. Some of these figurines are still worth thousands of dollars....if EBAY is any indicator....but, I kind of doubt that our collection would be worth what we paid. I suspect that this collection will be something that the kids/grandkids can deal with after we pass.

Long ago (seems like everything was long ago these "daze") I would bring home something I found along the cliff or at the beach; shells, driftwood, various odd and and/or interesting items along with the unavoidable sand and toss them by the front door. After awhile it looked as if the waves had washed them there. Cool.

I don't buy or collect anything. I create. Owning things gives me no pleasure. I creat bonsai trees and when I get tired of one I just give it away or maybe sell it. I put a lot of work and thought and time (years) into making a bonsai tree just the way I want it then after I have succeeded I usually get tired of it after a couple of years. But I am never bored because I have several that I am constantly growing and planning, and I am always experimenting with new ideas.

Never did like calling her ex. Former maybe, First sometimes, but still in my life in some way and i'm still the rock she can count on to always be there for her and the kids.
This is so kind and mature of you. It’s so nice learning of couples that keep this type of relationship even after deciding to split.
Good for you. Not that you needed my approval

My collections, buttons, beads, & books.
And fabric. I didn’t want to ruin the B’s. Lol

I collected Jewel Tea Autumn Leaf China which my mother gave me and I filled in with some missing pieces. I also collected quilts. I have antique quilts and some I made myself and even some newer Amish ones. I have not bought any quilts or Autumn Leaf in years though.

Fabric....I like to sew, and there is a name for people like me. We are known as a Sable

S stash
A acquired
B beyond
L life
E expentancyHi
Hi Lee
I sent this to my sister who is a quilter. She quickly assured me that it applies to her. She recently found a pattern she loves and it took 29 different fabrics. She had all but 5 of them in her stash.. :)

Back