College Football Is My Game

drifter

I like football, mainly college football but now the season is over..
All except final signing day.

I used to watch Pro football but when in season but one of my owners thought
both pro and college football was too much. I was hogging the TV. So I
gave up the proball, preferring the college games.

I live in Oklahma, in a little town where the University of Oklahoma is located. So
naturally I followed Oklahoma who usually has a pretty good team. A few years ago
Oklahoma hired an offensive coordinator named Lincoln Riley. I was tickled pink
I knew Lincoln Riley. He had been a walk on quarter back at Texas Tech in
Lubbock TX from a little high school in Muleshoe, TX. That was my part of the
country. I had lived in Lubbock before moving to Oklahoma. When Lincoln Riley
wa quarterback at Texas Tech, they never had a losing season.

Then, Oklahoma and Texas from here in the Big 12 conference suddenly blasted
out they were moving to the SEC, the South Eastern Conference. Oklahoma and
Texas could make more money inn the SEC.

Now most everybody knows college football is all about money and power. It was much
like when Nebraska went to the Big 10 Conference and Arkansaw and Texas A & M
left for the SEC, Arkansas saying the competition was inferior in the Big 12 conference.

Before this conference was the Big 12, it was The Southwest Conference and was thought
to be easy pickings for other Conferences.Texas and Oklahoma were exceptions. Everyone mostly said , the Southwest conference would dissolve and be no more. The Big 8 dissolved
and the Big 12 was born. After Texas and Oklahoma stated their intention to move to SEC,
there was rumors and talk that Big 12 would disappear.

Not so. Big 12 only had ten teams, not twelve, so they brougnt in four teams to replace
Texas and Oklahoma: Houston, Central Florida, Cincinnati, and Brigham Young University.
Big 12 will survive and flourish. I will remain a loyal fan of the Big 12 regardless what
Oklahoma and the SEC does. I will be loyal to Oklahoma because their campus is right
down the th street, and my son works there.

However I will be taking on other college football interests. The day after the regular
football season ended Southern California hired Lincoln Riley away from Oklahoma.
Southern Cal has had no winning program in several ears. Riley was hired to bring
Southern Cal back and make them competitive nationally. Pac 12 has been the weak
sister in college footballl, except for Oregon. I’m going to be following Lincoln Rile
and Southern California and hoping for his success if I live that long.

Attachments

• 1643219658285.gif
    1643219658285.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 1
We are big Nebraska fans and I understand your post.

Some of the best games ever played involved Oklahoma and Nebraska.
I miss the rivalry between the two and didn't want us to move to the Big10.

Every Saturday during the season, we meet up with other fans at a Watch site.
I live in 'SEC' country, but the bar/grill we meet at puts every TV on the Nebraska game.
We average 50 to 150 Nebraska fans at the Watch site.

Before the pandemic, we would head back to Lincoln to watch a game in person and also traveled
to at least one away game.
Good excuse to visit Chicago, Colorado, etc.

To say we are in a slump is putting it mildly. We haven't had a winning season is years.
Every spring, I drink the 'Koolaid' and believe this is the YEAR!

"Someday" is my new motto.

Throughout yhe Big 8 I was a Nebraska fan.You are right, some of the best football played
was between OU and Nebraska, but I understand why Nebraska moved to big 10. I’m
waiting to see who goes where on February 2. Hoping Calab Williams hooksup with Southern Cal.Riley also needs wide receivers.

I have read in a couple places Big 10 puld like todo away east and west divisions and maybe
revert to an eight school conference. You heard anything about that?

Back