Come on, we're going for a walk!

timoc

The 'Secret' Valley.​

Don't forget to tie your bootlaces properly.

If you are a lady, I'll hold your hand, if you are a fella, you can carry the beer. :)

Post your own walks if you like. :)

The 'Secret' Valley.​

Don't forget to tie your bootlaces properly.

If you are a lady, I'll hold your hand, if you are a fella, you can carry the beer. :)

Post your own walks if you like. :)

ahhhhh... be still my beating heart..I love the lake district, sadly my dodgy knee won't let me walk up steep hills any more...

ahhhhh... be still my beating heart..I love the lake district, sadly my dodgy knee won't let me walk up steep hills any more...
Never mind Hollydolly, you can enjoy the video and I'll still hold your hand. :)

I went for a walk yesterday at Lake Jessup Park. Lake Jessup is famous for its huge alligator population and I saw three of them, sunning themselves. It was sunny and breezy and I walked a trail among the trees. There are peacocks there, but I only saw one peahen.

Tomorrow, I may go walking at Green Springs Park, which has a beautiful Sulphur spring overhung with trees. The water in the spring is a milky jade color that almost looks like it's glowing. There are a couple of small alligators who swim in the spring. I enjoy watching them gliding around the pool.

There's lots of enjoyable walks in The New Forest. The trackbed of a disused railway makes for a leisurely walk. The railway line was double track so the trackbed is wide enough for walkers, cyclists and horses to share. There's a splendid watering hole that was once Holmsley station, now called Holmsley tea rooms. Despite the name they serve hot meals and alcohol.

After my hip replacement, my surgeon recommended cycling as a good exercise for the new hip joint. The tea rooms were a perfect place to cycle to, far enough to give the hip a work out but not so far for the limited distance on the bladder.

nfw1.jpgnfw2.jpgnfw3.jpgnfw4.jpgnfw5.jpg

Back