Comparing levels of suffering

Don't hang up on these people. You're missing an opportunity to have some fun.
I keep a list of ailments next to the phone. Some are the embarrassing ones people don't talk about. When they call, they'll usually start with, "Good afternoon, how are you today?"
I respond, "Well, I have arthritis, cancer, erectile dysfunction, hemorrhoids, & I'm constipated. But hell, enough about me, how are you dong?"
Complete SILENCE on the other end. And they never call back.....
So agree, win...its way too much fun to let a robo call go by without agitating them. Now days you gotta find your fun where you can. Love it when you are on the "no call" list and the first thing they say is "this is not a sales call". Just ask them if they're Publisher's Clearing House then, giving you your 5 thousand bucks a week. Also, try answering the phone "City Morgue" ...lol.

Win...that's hysterical. We laughed so hard. What's not to love! Think we should all "go for it" where it comes to stopping telemarketers.

ive said something like this:
"stay on the line. Im putting you through to our investigative team who deal with scammers. can you give me the name of your manager and his number please?"
but these were obvious scammers not just sales telemarketers.

I think everyone has a different tolerance for pain and I also think it depends what part of the body hurts. I have very sore and stiff knees. I deal with this day in and day out and I just work through it.. If I had that same pain as a toothache or earache I'd be screaming for mercy.

As far as telemarketers, I answer the call, and lay the phone down. All my marketing calls have stopped.
I've done that, too, but only after saying, "Just a minute; I'll get him." Then I'll pick up the phone every couple of minutes & ask, "Did he pick up, yet?" When they say, "No," I'll say, "OK, hang on; he'll be with you in a minute." Then, after 15 minutes of this, I'll pick up the phone & say, "Oh....he's not here, but I just wanted to waste your time, too."

Yes....I can be a real prick when I want to....

Right now, I'm suffering with a hammer toe that gets fixed on 9/6. (my choice) Man, these things really are painful, just not all the time, thankfully. I have a vacation coming up and a few other things I need to get done before I have the surgery. It's no big deal. Doc says that I will be up and doing whatever after a one-week respite.

My mom had hammer toe and bunions. Her doctor said it's caused by wearing high-heels. I never understood why any woman would wear a shoe that forces them to walk like that. One woman told me it's "Sexy." I don't get it; I never looked at any woman walking in high heels & thought, "Wow...she's sexy."

My mom had hammer toe and bunions. Her doctor said it's caused by wearing high-heels. I never understood why any woman would wear a shoe that forces them to walk like that. One woman told me it's "Sexy." I don't get it; I never looked at any woman walking in high heels & thought, "Wow...she's sexy."
we get brainwashed into what is sexy

Regarding robo calls, I do not answer, but I do keep a list of the numbers. Then, when I need to fill out forms online that ask for a phone number, and I do not want to give mine, I just fill in one from my list. Figure then the telemarketers can call each other.

Back