Concealed Carry Permit.

Pennsylvania is an open carry State, but I have only ever seen two people open carry. I have no problem with people who are legally eligible to carry a concealed weapon, so long as they have a permit. But, if a driver gets stopped by any police officer, I would advice him/her to have their hands on top of the steering wheel and to advise the officer or Trooper that he is armed or that he has a weapon in the vehicle.

My understanding New Mexico is pretty lenient about carry permits if you're not using your gun to commit a crime. I was working in a law office when I got my concealed carry permit because they wanted everything legal and above-board, and I agreed.

I got stopped one night and that's exactly what I did. Both hands on the steering wheel, "I have a gun in the car."

"Where is it?"

"In my bag on the passenger side floor."

They got my bag and checked the gun, maybe to see if it was safe. They saw it had a trigger guard and put it back in the bag.

They didn't ask to see my carry permit, but I showed it to them anyway. I don't think they cared that much about it.

Back