copd flareup

I have end stage emphysema with acute bronchitis..one of the many diseases included in the general copd word....i have many flare ups or excerbations as they are called. nearly one a month,most i can fight my way thru but others are great enough that i have to go to the ER/ED for solumedrol or IV solution of prednisolone to help open my lungs. i use ipratropium bromide and albuteral sulfate nebulizer and an inhaled cortisone called symbicort. I have problems with anxiety and panic attacks due to the breathing problems....I smoked for 47 years. I had pneumonia at age 13 which scarred my lungs. and like most mil type people exposed to all sorts of things from asbestos on ships to agent orange in 'nam'.

I have end stage emphysema with acute bronchitis..one of the many diseases included in the general copd word....i have many flare ups or excerbations as they are called. nearly one a month,most i can fight my way thru but others are great enough that i have to go to the ER/ED for solumedrol or IV solution of prednisolone to help open my lungs. i use ipratropium bromide and albuteral sulfate nebulizer and an inhaled cortisone called symbicort. I have problems with anxiety and panic attacks due to the breathing problems....I smoked for 47 years. I had pneumonia at age 13 which scarred my lungs. and like most mil type people exposed to all sorts of things from asbestos on ships to agent orange in 'nam'.
You're no doubt a pro at dealing with your disease as most chronic COPD'ers are.
Stay well............ and don't miss any appointments with your Pulmonologist. ;)

Back