Core and all.!

Wren

At the bus stop today I was intrigued to watch a young lady eating an apple, fascinated by not only the speed with which she devoured it but the fact that she shoved the core, pips and all in her mouth and swallowed the lot ! :oops:

Is it just me or do you leave the core and pips ?

At the bus stop today I was intrigued to watch a young lady eating an apple, fascinated by not only the speed with which she devoured it but the fact that she shoved the core, pips and all in her mouth and swallowed the lot ! :oops:

Personally would never eat the core and pips...heard they are good for you, but...don't usually even eat raw apples except on a 3 day apple detox diet!

These days my teeth aren't up to chomping on an apple so I use one of these. They are also great for peeling apples for a pie, just one quick swipe along the outside of each section with a paring knife to remove the skin.

images

Maybe no one ever taught her how to eat an apple .. 🙃... wonder how she deals with other comparable fruit? ... cores, seeds and pits, etc. ...

Apple seeds contain amygdalin, which is converted into cyanide when the seeds are chewed or crushed. Cyanide is highly poisonous and can be deadly in high doses....we shouldn't even eat the top or bottom outsides of fruits due to sprayed-on chemicals left behind that seep into these crevices...just cut them away and be safer....

Apple seeds contain amygdalin, which is converted into cyanide when the seeds are chewed or crushed. Cyanide is highly poisonous and can be deadly in high doses....we shouldn't even eat the top or bottom outsides of fruits due to sprayed-on chemicals left behind that seep into these crevices...just cut them away and be safer....
Yes. This was the reason why there’s so much arsenic and cyanide in apple juice which was being sold to consumers unsuspectedly especially children. Dr. Oz actually busted all suppliers of apple juice getting them to list the amounts on the label. Before it flew under the radar. It didn’t even have to be listed.
Scary thought.

I find apple cores to be fibrous and therefore rather unpleasant to eat so I toss them or give them to the dog. However, the story about getting sick from eating the seeds doesn't hold much water. At 175 pounds, I'd have to eat around 150 seeds at one time to produce enough cyanide to make me ill. And those would have to be chewed - seeds swallowed intact do not release any amygdalin (the cyanide precursor found in fruit seeds).

Back