Could You Live This Lifestyle?

I find it fascinating. There was a popular tv show called sister wives and the wives probably had a closer relationship with the sister wives then the husband they shared. It was an interesting show. Not something I could do but if it worked for you , which it clearly did, then why not.
Sometimes I wish I had a sister wife to have fun with . Lol

Would you ever consider that type of relationship again? Did you ever have a regular relationship before this?
If I’m being to inquisitive don’t worry about answering. I’m just curious.
First let me say that I watched part of an episode of Sister Wives and it turned me off. The husband was getting intimate with one of the wives with the door open. Maybe it was for the cameras but I found it disrespectful. I would not consider plural marriage again because I would not consider marriage again! I don't think I'm cut out for marriage. Maybe because I was raised as an only child and learned how to appreciate being alone. Most times I enjoy being alone. Also I'm fiercely independent...something my second husband thought might be a problem. Sometimes it was. I have my own apartment which I've owned since I was 24. If he stayed here too many days/nights in a row, I actually started having anxiety.

My first love was in high school...we "went steady" for 3 years...then were on and off for awhile. My first marriage which was a traditional one; only lasted a few months. My first husband acted foolishly and wound up ruining his life. I wasn't about to let him ruin mine and our son's. I was alone for several years after that until I met a man at a club one night. We danced and had an instant connection. We wound up being together for 10 years. I was a Christian in those days. I'm starting to feel like I wouldn't mind having a "friend without benefits". LOL :LOL:

Don't believe I could live like this on a long term basis. I do however commend the people who are strong enough in their faith to do such a thing as this. I think I could do this as a visit for like one week and then I would have to go. I am all for helping one another and pitching in my part. I can even for short stints be around a lot of people, but then I need my space.

Don't believe I could live like this on a long term basis. I do however commend the people who are strong enough in their faith to do such a thing as this. I think I could do this as a visit for like one week and then I would have to go. I am all for helping one another and pitching in my part. I can even for short stints be around a lot of people, but then I need my space.
First...I love your screen name! LOL I feel exactly as you do.

First...I love your screen name! LOL I feel exactly as you do.
I also feel it might be a bit too regimented for me. Like they would have certain times for meals and I am more of a spur of the moment whenever is the best time to eat person. With the way my work schedule use to be before I recently retired I had to eat that way.

First let me say that I watched part of an episode of Sister Wives and it turned me off. The husband was getting intimate with one of the wives with the door open. Maybe it was for the cameras but I found it disrespectful. I would not consider plural marriage again because I would not consider marriage again! I don't think I'm cut out for marriage. Maybe because I was raised as an only child and learned how to appreciate being alone. Most times I enjoy being alone. Also I'm fiercely independent...something my second husband thought might be a problem. Sometimes it was. I have my own apartment which I've owned since I was 24. If he stayed here too many days/nights in a row, I actually started having anxiety.

My first love was in high school...we "went steady" for 3 years...then were on and off for awhile. My first marriage which was a traditional one; only lasted a few months. My first husband acted foolishly and wound up ruining his life. I wasn't about to let him ruin mine and our son's. I was alone for several years after that until I met a man at a club one night. We danced and had an instant connection. We wound up being together for 10 years. I was a Christian in those days. I'm starting to feel like I wouldn't mind having a "friend without benefits". LOL :LOL:
Nobody really knows what reality is actually like in those reality shows but they are made for entertainment after all and we don’t see the whole picture. I wasn’t a fan of him. It takes a certain type of man to want ‘that’ many wives to try and please.
There’s no way I could ever share a man. I’m not cut out that way. That’s not to say I’m against it for others though

A friend without benefits might be just what you need. 😅😁 Wasn’t there a movie with that title?

Nobody really knows what reality is actually like in those reality shows but they are made for entertainment after all and we don’t see the whole picture. I wasn’t a fan of him. It takes a certain type of man to want ‘that’ many wives to try and please.
There’s no way I could ever share a man. I’m not cut out that way. That’s not to say I’m against it for others though

A friend without benefits might be just what you need. 😅😁 Wasn’t there a movie with that title?
Would you believe I used to be a very jealous person! Sometimes I think being in that type of marriage was one of my life lessons. I know the "reality" shows are scripted because of what actually happens with those house hunting shows that I love. I think this is the movie you are talking about. Friends With Benefits
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1632708/

I wouldn't offer an exclusive sexual relationship with someone who didn't fully reciprocate. Not a matter of jealousy (though that could enter in), more a matter of respect and equal footing.

I bow to no man, nor do I expect any man to bow to me. Sister wives? Only if there are brother husbands...
Who isn't being fully reciprocal as far as you know. I can't tell you how many times during the course of my work (interviewing and counseling STD/HIV patients I came across spouses who had no idea their husbands/wives were or had been cheating on them. I mean totally clueless! In fact, I wish I had a dollar for every time I encountered that situation. Also there is statistical evidence to show that infidelity on the part of women and men are quite high. Last I saw was 50 and 55% respectively. But of course, it depends on who did the survey, how many were surveyed, etc.

Muslim women are given respect as wives (even when they are co-wives) but not if they are sexual partners without the benefit of marriage. In this day and age, a woman has many options. I Ijust saw a story about a couple who is in an open marriage. Or one might choose not to marry at all and have more than one sexual partner. Truthfully, I can't imagine having to service several men (husbands) whenever they wanted to have sex. Seems exhausting to me. :LOL: BTW...there is a reason why Islam allowed (not promoted) plural marriages for husbands. More on that later.

A community of people living a simple lifestyle sounds appealing. But I want no part of any organization that doesn't require the same type clothing restrictions and mandates for men as women. If women have to wear bonnets, the men should as well. Googled and saw several pics of Bruderhof men wearing above the knee shorts. Men's shorts should be no shorter than the required length of the women's skirts.

I can see a religious group not being comfortable with overtly sexual clothing, but beyond that, religious legalism is a big turn off to me including the no make-up, no jewelry edict of the Pentecostal Christian denomination my grandmother belonged to. Voluntary outward expressions of religion are fine, but the minute it becomes 'not okay' to the rest of the group for a person to choose to dispense with the code, then it's 'not okay' overall to me.

Last edited:
Truthfully, I can't imagine having to service several men (husbands) whenever they wanted to have sex.
I can't imagine "servicing" even one husband whenever he had a whim for sex. My sexual relationship with my husband has been based on mutual desire and it's worked out pretty well for over 40 years.

Men have had all kinds of "good" reasons for justifying multiple wives. Chief among them, in my opinion, is controlling women. They keep them less educated, allow fewer employment opportunities, deny equal legal rights, and keep them personally impoverished.

No thanks.

I can't imagine "servicing" even one husband whenever he had a whim for sex. My sexual relationship with my husband has been based on mutual desire and it's worked out pretty well for over 40 years.

Men have had all kinds of "good" reasons for justifying multiple wives. Chief among them, in my opinion, is controlling women. They keep them less educated, allow fewer employment opportunities, deny equal legal rights, and keep them personally impoverished.

No thanks.
Some do so for those reasons yes. Muslims are taught that all Muslims should be well read and educated. I will soon be posting about what rights women were given over a thousand years before women got somewhat equal rights here in America (there's still not full equality). But of course like anything else and in other religions, we have men who abuse their standing, take advantage and bend the rules to suit themselves. Most of the Muslim men I know respect and honor their wives. My husband was no different.

Who isn't being fully reciprocal as far as you know. I can't tell you how many times during the course of my work (interviewing and counseling STD/HIV patients I came across spouses who had no idea their husbands/wives were or had been cheating on them. I mean totally clueless! In fact, I wish I had a dollar for every time I encountered that situation. Also there is statistical evidence to show that infidelity on the part of women and men are quite high. Last I saw was 50 and 55% respectively. But of course, it depends on who did the survey, how many were surveyed, etc.

Muslim women are given respect as wives (even when they are co-wives) but not if they are sexual partners without the benefit of marriage. In this day and age, a woman has many options. I Ijust saw a story about a couple who is in an open marriage. Or one might choose not to marry at all and have more than one sexual partner. Truthfully, I can't imagine having to service several men (husbands) whenever they wanted to have sex. Seems exhausting to me. :LOL: BTW...there is a reason why Islam allowed (not promoted) plural marriages for husbands. More on that later.

At the risk of sounding like a romantic fuddy-duddy, it'd seem this type of arrangement leaves out one very important factor: love.
I don't think individuals could be genuinely "in love with" multiple spouses/partners.

Some do so for those reasons yes. Muslims are taught that all Muslims should be well read and educated. I will soon be posting about what rights women were given over a thousand years before women got somewhat equal rights here in America (there's still not full equality). ...

Can't speak for the rest of the women here, but I'm more interested in rights in 2020 than a thousand years ago.

Back