Covid Disinformation

Don M.

SF VIP
They are everywhere, they are more anti Government and using
the vaccine as an excuse to beat the drums.

Mike.

The same thing is happening in Missouri. The Summer "partiers" are filling the hospitals in the tourist areas, and the "overflow" in those areas is being sent to hospitals all over the State.

I spoke to a neighbor this morning who was supposed to get some hip surgery last week, and he said the procedure has been set back until early September....because the hospitals are having to concentrate their efforts on the influx of Covid patients.

It seems to me the most compelling single argument for vaccination is the CDC's statistic that "97% of people hospitalized for COVID-19 are unvaccinated".

I have tried to find the original CDC report or study that supports this, but without success so far. All I can find is media outlets that quote it.

Does anyone here know how to find what the CDC actually said and what their basis was?

That is the problem, there is plenty of fake news from a wide variety of sources. It is popular to follow the science when it is convenient to a particular point of view.

I have yet to hear an explanation of how science says it is important to not allow vaccinated individuals to enter the U.S. at the northern border, but it is safe to allow 10's of thousands of unvaccinated individuals to enter the country from the southern border.

Plain and simply put, people have lost confidence in most sources of "information". Once confidence is lost, it is hard to restore. People tend to believe what they want to believe.

I’ve seen recent reports that vaccinated people are coming down with the Delta variant but most do not require hospitalization.

That is great news but I wish they would go a little deeper and explain what prescription medications or over the counter drugs are being used to ease/treat the symptoms at home.

I’ve done some searches but have only found some basic information that would apply to the average cold or flu.

My main interest is anything that would help with my breathing.

Back