Covid vaccine issues

Brookswood

From what I have heard the great vaccine roll-out has been a flop. As I write this about 30% of Washington state's vaccine is in somebody's body. Even assuming that 50% is being reserved for the second shot, that leaves 20% essentially taking up space while about 40 people a day are dying in my state. This is not good.

Worse, the roll-out to the general public has yet to start. So far medical workers, pharmacists, people in nursing homes have got the vaccine. I can't argue with that except for some medical employees who never touch a patient of even go into a building that patients use are also getting the vaccine ahead of truly high risk people. The rest of us may find out in a week or so who, when and were we can get our first shot. If the app is ready and if one can get through to use it. These are big IFs in my opinion. I truly hope I am wrong. If I am I will eat my plate of crow after I get my first shot.

What's the status of vaccinations in your state?

From what I have heard the great vaccine roll-out has been a flop. As I write this about 30% of Washington state's vaccine is in somebody's body. Even assuming that 50% is being reserved for the second shot, that leaves 20% essentially taking up space while about 40 people a day are dying in my state. This is not good.

Worse, the roll-out to the general public has yet to start. So far medical workers, pharmacists, people in nursing homes have got the vaccine. I can't argue with that except for some medical employees who never touch a patient of even go into a building that patients use are also getting the vaccine ahead of truly high risk people. The rest of us may find out in a week or so who, when and were we can get our first shot. If the app is ready and if one can get through to use it. These are big IFs in my opinion. I truly hope I am wrong. If I am I will eat my plate of crow after I get my first shot.

Just out of curiosity what medical employees would these be?

Just out of curiosity what medical employees would these be?
Administrative peop;le who work in office building totally separate from patients, treatment centers, medical offices,, etc. For example, one lady I know works at home, and will continue to do so for the rest of the year. She never goes near any medical facility, or patients.

Administrative peop;le who work in office building totally separate from patients, treatment centers, medical offices,, etc. For example, one lady I know works at home, and will continue to do so for the rest of the year. She never goes near any medical facility, or patients.
Sometimes those administrative folks are in contact with workers who are in contact with patients. Treatment centers and medical offices are usually going to have patients in them. Whether or not they have Covid is not really known until they get infected. I hope you get to get your vaccine soon should you decide you want it. :)

So far we a promised that the vaccine will be rolled out to the rest of us 'soon'. We will know something 'in the next few days'.
It's all very vague.

At least there IS a vaccine and people WILL get it!

At least there IS a vaccine and people WILL get it!
If we live long enough to receive the vaccine! I'm so tired of trying to find a place, i.e. doctor's office, drugstore, etc. to give us the vaccine. As of January 15, 2021, the state with the highest number of COVID-19 cases was California. Over 23 million cases have been reported across the United States, with the states of California, Texas, Florida, and New York reporting the highest numbers.

Last edited:
If we live long enough to receive the vaccine! I'm so tired of trying to find a place, i.e. doctor's office, drugstore, etc. to give us the vaccine. As of January 15, 2021, the state with the highest number of COVID-19 cases was California. Over 23 million cases have been reported across the United States, with the states of California, Texas, Florida, and New York reporting the highest numbers.
Are you eligible for it now? If you've lived this long since March of 2020 I don't see why you wouldn't be alive for a while now if you do what is recommended. I'm just getting a little tired of people's negativity about the vaccine when there is one now and there wasn't one before.

The virus is rampant everywhere so we all have to be careful and do what is recommended--it's very bad here too where I am but I'm not going to be negative about it anymore. Having a positive attitude about it is good for people.

Last edited:
Are you eligible for it now? If you've lived this long since March of 2020 I don't see why you wouldn't be alive for a while now if you do what is recommended. I'm just getting a little tired of people's negativity about the vaccine when there is one now and there wasn't one before.
No negativity from me, I thought you knew me better.

County would not accept a registration @debodun.

It is just scary where I reside. Normal to fear.

Vaccinations are going extremely well here.. more than 3 million already taken up the offer of the vaccine, mostly care home staff and those over 80.. and the vaccination program is set to be doubled this week, so that everyone over 50 who wants to have it, can be vaccinated by the end of March

I don't go anywhere @Ruthanne ... hence staying safe.

It's going to take a lot of time before the majority are vaccinated. Producing billions of doses, then distributing it all, and then finding personnel and facilities to administer the doses, is going to be a long slow process. In our area, the most optimistic schedule I've seen...for those over 65...is April. I suspect it will be more like June.
In the meantime, we have gotten used to wearing masks, and avoiding crowds....even limiting visits with the kids/grandkids. Much of 2020 and 2021 will not be "normal.

It's going to take a lot of time before the majority are vaccinated. Producing billions of doses, then distributing it all, and then finding personnel and facilities to administer the doses, is going to be a long slow process. In our area, the most optimistic schedule I've seen...for those over 65...is April. I suspect it will be more like June.
In the meantime, we have gotten used to wearing masks, and avoiding crowds....even limiting visits with the kids/grandkids. Much of 2020 and 2021 will not be "normal.
There's still the possibility that THIS will be the new normal.

There's still the possibility that THIS will be the new normal.
IMHO, the incompetance of elected officials and the politicization of this virus seems like nothing more than a continuation of what we have had for decades. Nothing new to see here. Move along.

My state (Nebraska) seems to be very slow to vaccinate, less than 100,000 people so far. They are supposedly working on plans and methods and computer systems. Would have been nice if they had planned ahead and done all that already, but I guess the vaccine became available sooner than expected.
Unless things go differently (better) than I hear, I am going to have to wait at least another two and a half months to get the vaccine (I turn 65 in April and my state uses 65 as a boundary, but I see that some other states use age 60). It is like there is a giant xmas tree with lots of presents under it and we aren't allowed to open our present, so so frustrating.

The lack of a coordinated nationwide plan and execution of vaccinations has created chaos in the U.S.

I hope the new administration will handle it better.

Our lying little governor here in AZ has done nothing from the very beginning and stays in hiding most of the time. He had a State-of-the-State address last week and said Arizona is doing great and the vaccine is rolling out quickly. What a bunch of bull! Our state has the highest Covid cases per capita in the WORLD....not just the US, but the WORLD! There are no vaccines here to be given. The newspaper in our sorry little town keeps saying, "....here's the link to get an appointment to get the vaccine." There's links, but you can't schedule because it says "pending/not available". My husband is 80 and I'm 74 but we can't get an appointment to save our life (pun intended).

I had a doctor's appointment last week and asked her if she had any info on registering. She gave me the web address for the AZ Dept. of Health, so I went there...and guess what?? No appointments available. The AZ news and newspapers all say that our lousy governor has lowered the age limit to 65 and over that can get the vaccine now. BUT WHERE???

Back