Creepy Stories

Medusa

@Beezer had a great idea yesterday, sharing random stories. So, I’m borrowing from him with a spin off.

I am not religious; a bit spiritual-ish to be sure, but usually comforted by the sciency side of things.

Nonetheless, a few things have happened to me in life I simply cannot explain… yet.

I have a creepy story to tell:

About a million years ago I was dating this guy and we were staying over at what was, I suppose, a precursor to a bed and breakfast. We were renting a room in a very, very old house and the bathroom was shared. I remember the sweet old lady who showed us the room, when showing the bathroom, exclaimed with pride that it had a shower! I'm not talking about a freestanding shower mind, it was a freestanding, clawfoot tub with a shower head and a curtain around it.

Really, the whole thing was very charming, on looking back.

Anyway, my boyfriend was in said bathroom, which connected to our room via a locking door, and I was sitting at the desk in front of the bed. There was a little table behind and across from me, sort of at an angle behind me, with a vanity mirror on it.

I should explain here that my boyfriend was into tarot card reading and other occult-like kind of things and I found that exotic and deliciously scary at the time.

So, I'm sitting at this desk and this feeling of fear and doom comes over me. And I swear on my life, the glass that was sitting in front of the mirror on the little table, shattered. I mean it exploded. In a quiet, calm room with the windows closed and obviously no air conditioning in that old house. It was absolutely still in there, until that glass exploded. And that feeling of fear that came over me just before it happened.

I ran to the bathroom door and was pounding on it in terror, my boyfriend being all annoyed when he opened it, and I'm trying to explain about the glass, which he, somewhat creepily, took in stride. Who isn't rattled by that sort of thing? Although, he said that I must have bumped the table or something and I couldn't convince him that I wasn't anywhere near it.

To this day, however, I have no idea how to explain what happened there.

I have other stories, but that is, I’m pretty sure, the creepiest.

@Beezer had a great idea yesterday, sharing random stories. So, I’m borrowing from him with a spin off.

I am not religious; a bit spiritual-ish to be sure, but usually comforted by the sciency side of things.

Nonetheless, a few things have happened to me in life I simply cannot explain… yet.

I have a creepy story to tell:

About a million years ago I was dating this guy and we were staying over at what was, I suppose, a precursor to a bed and breakfast. We were renting a room in a very, very old house and the bathroom was shared. I remember the sweet old lady who showed us the room, when showing the bathroom, exclaimed with pride that it had a shower! I'm not talking about a freestanding shower mind, it was a freestanding, clawfoot tub with a shower head and a curtain around it.

Really, the whole thing was very charming, on looking back.

Anyway, my boyfriend was in said bathroom, which connected to our room via a locking door, and I was sitting at the desk in front of the bed. There was a little table behind and across from me, sort of at an angle behind me, with a vanity mirror on it.

I should explain here that my boyfriend was into tarot card reading and other occult-like kind of things and I found that exotic and deliciously scary at the time.

So, I'm sitting at this desk and this feeling of fear and doom comes over me. And I swear on my life, the glass that was sitting in front of the mirror on the little table, shattered. I mean it exploded. In a quiet, calm room with the windows closed and obviously no air conditioning in that old house. It was absolutely still in there, until that glass exploded. And that feeling of fear that came over me just before it happened.

I ran to the bathroom door and was pounding on it in terror, my boyfriend being all annoyed when he opened it, and I'm trying to explain about the glass, which he, somewhat creepily, took in stride. Who isn't rattled by that sort of thing? Although, he said that I must have bumped the table or something and I couldn't convince him that I wasn't anywhere near it.

To this day, however, I have no idea how to explain what happened there.

I have other stories, but that is, I’m pretty sure, the creepiest.

I started a similar thread on personal experiences that can't be explained. But your type of story / experience is different to what I had in mind in my thread. This of yours defiantly deserves its own thread.

Look forward to seeing what else you have. And what others can contribute

Last edited:
I started a similar thread on personal experiences that can't be enplaned. But your type of story / experience is different to what I had in mind in my thread. This of yours defiantly deserves its own thread.

Look forward to seeing what else you have. And what others can contribute
Oh yikes, I should have looked before I started a new thread. Sorry about that, @Magna-Carta. Do you want to try blending them?

Oh yikes, I should have looked before I started a new thread. Sorry about that, @Magna-Carta. Do you want to try blending them?

No, I wouldn’t personally want them blending; I hope it didn’t come across that way. But obviously it’s your thread, so if you think there is any merit in blending them then I’m OK with that. I’ll leave to you.

What I was trying to say earlier, whilst at work, was that its ‘similar’ to a thread I made, and some people here might remember that thread and think it might be too similar. I don’t see it as TOO similar. In my mind my thread was about personal experiences that were unexplained, but were experiences that might have manifested within the person retelling the event, if you see what I mean?

Your thread, I thought, seems more about external forces? Unless of cause you intended the thread to be more encompassing? I hope this thread doesn’t stall because of what I said in my first post.

No, I wouldn’t personally want them blending; I hope it didn’t come across that way. But obviously it’s your thread, so if you think there is any merit in blending them then I’m OK with that. I’ll leave to you.

What I was trying to say earlier, whilst at work, was that its ‘similar’ to a thread I made, and some people here might remember that thread and think it might be too similar. I don’t see it as TOO similar. In my mind my thread was about personal experiences that were unexplained, but were experiences that might have manifested within the person retelling the event, if you see what I mean?

Your thread, I thought, seems more about external forces? Unless of cause you intended the thread to be more encompassing? I hope this thread doesn’t stall because of what I said in my first post.
After our exchange, I almost moved my post to yet another similar thread, had it all pasted up, but then realized that that thread was more specific to ghost-type stories, so ultimately didn't.

Personally, I think these threads could be placed under one, "supernatural/unexplained experiences" umbrella, but eh, it was a whim and I'm not bothered, either way.

I'll just leave it here and it likely will stall out as many threads do, but that won't be because of you, though you were kind to think of it. :)

I do see what you mean by experiences made real within or by a person as opposed to occurring outside their influences.

After our exchange, I almost moved my post to yet another similar thread, had it all pasted up, but then realized that that thread was more specific to ghost-type stories, so ultimately didn't.

Personally, I think these threads could be placed under one, "supernatural/unexplained experiences" umbrella, but eh, it was a whim and I'm not bothered, either way.

I'll just leave it here and it likely will stall out as many threads do, but that won't be because of you, though you were kind to think of it. :)

I do see what you mean by experiences made real within or by a person as opposed to occurring outside their influences.

Good, for what its worth I'm glad you didn't

I was a teenager at the time and had gone with a friend to the market as she wanted to buy some jeans from a stall. As we were looking for her size, I suddenly felt very cold and frightened. I looked around and there was an older, creepy looking guy standing not far from us, for a second our eyes met and I shivered; there was such a feeling of evil about him. As my friend turned to ask if I was okay, he started walking slowly away but didn't look away. My friend thought he was just a creep but, she didn't see his eyes.

A couple of years later, I saw that guy again; He was on the front page of the newspapers, his picture flashed on the tv news screen. Just seeing his photo brought back that same feeling of fear that I had experienced the day I saw him in the market. According to the reports, he lived in the area although I only saw him the once but, I have no doubt it was the same guy. He was later convicted of several murders.

Unfortunately, there are some very evil people in this world but, I always thought that they probably present as perfectly ordinary people, I had never imagined that someone could be so evil that it was ingrained in them, so deeply that you could actually sense it.

Last edited:
I was a teenager at the time and had gone with a friend to the market as she wanted to buy some jeans from a stall. As we were looking for her size, I suddenly felt very cold and frightened. I looked around and there was an older, creepy looking guy standing not far from us, for a second our eyes met and I shivered; there was such a feeling of evil about him. As my friend turned to ask if I was okay, he started walking slowly away but didn't look away. My friend thought he was just a creep but, she didn't see his eyes.

A couple of years later, I saw that guy again; He was on the front page of the newspapers, his picture flashed on the tv news screen. Just seeing his photo brought back that same feeling of fear that I had experience the day I saw him in the market. According to the reports, he lived in the area although I only saw him the once but, I have no doubt it was the same guy.

Unfortunately, there are some very evil people in this world but, I always thought that they probably present as perfectly ordinary people, I had never imagined that someone could be so evil that it was ingrained in them, so deeply that you could actually sense it.
It's unexplainable and chilling how evil can be seen and even felt coming off another person.
Must have been so skin-crawly for you.

I had thought about posting this in my own thread I made some time ago, but at the time it didn’t seem to fit with what I was trying to achieve with my thread. Instead, to me at least, it seems to fit better here, so here we go.

I might ramble on a bit, but hey oh. You might need to wind me up with a key?

I think at the time I would have been about 14 or 15. About 4 years prior to this I had a pet cat; it just wondered in off the street and made itself at home. It came to me late one dark night. I heard crying outside which sounded to us all like a baby close by. After a short while of this crying I said, “Someone’s left a baby outside on our doorstep!”

I opened the front door but there was nothing there, apart from the crying. Then I saw it, a kitten on the wall along and across the road. I thought how could something so small be so loud, and sound like a human baby. The cat saw me and ran straight at me; paused right in front of me and gave a conventional meow. Then of it shot off, through my legs and into the house. I closed the front door because it was bloody cold outside.

Anyway we decided to keep it. My parents said to me, “It’s your cat!” The cat went into the kitchen and into mum’s shopping bag and went to sleep. It slept there over night, and for several nights until we got a basket for it. I sexed it as a tom cat. It became very much my cat.

A couple of years later it gave birth; how surprised was I! As times gone on I think I been more successful in sexing things, and grateful for then getting it right for that matter! :unsure: The cat had gone to my mum’s shopping bag and given birth inside it. I managed to get them out and into my cat’s basket. He, the cat, now she, or always she, was very devoted to her kittens; she wouldn’t even leave the basket to eat or drink, and didn’t even if I brought food & water to her.

Then one day whilst I was on the couch, she brought her kittens to me one by one, and placed them close at my side. And then she wondered off for something to eat & drink. I thought, “What do you want me to do with these!:) She wanted me to take care of them so she could eat and drink, and do some other business that I don’t really want to get into. :unsure:

Then later strange things started to happen. She would be in the front room, slowly and attentively turning her head as though she was watching something invisible move across the room. This happed several times on different days.

On a later occasion I saw her staring at a wall in the same front room – she was in the middle of the room. But this time she slowly arched her back and turned her body side on to the wall. I couldn’t see anything at all, but then she started hissing at the wall. This went on for several minutes. Then for some reason my thoughts went back to when I saw my dad come home, twice, within ten minutes of each other. The time when I saw my dad walk by and in front of the same wall, from one door to the opposite door to then go upstairs. When in reality he had only come home once.

Going back to the cat/wall incident. I stood up and there was a shiver that started in my scalp, and slowly moved down my body to my toes. It was like a concentrated ring of ‘shiver’ that moved down my body. For some reason I felt I should open the door to the hall, so I slowly moved to the door and opened it. The cat taking no notice of me, but still hissing at the wall. My cat then slowly lowered its back and slowly waked to the door I’d opened. I then thought I heard something, a quiet groan or something else. I wasn’t ever sure if the noise I thought I heard was related, or whether I had just imagined it.

Walking into the hall, my cat then slowly crept upstairs, with me following. She went into each room as though she was looking for something. Eventually she seemed to relax a bit and went back down stairs, with me following. As we were going back down she stopped a few times on the stairs and turned to look at me befor continuing. About 4 months later something very similar happened again, with my cat hissing at the same wall.

A few months after that my cat ‘disappeared’. Then about 2 years later I saw her in a car park half a mile away, so I brought her back home.

Last edited:
I had thought about posting this in my own thread I made some time ago, but at the time it didn’t seem to fit with what I was trying to achieve with my thread. Instead, to me at least, it seems to fit better here, so here we go.

I might ramble on a bit, but hey oh. You might need to wind me up with a key?

I think I would have been about 14 or 15. About 4 years prior to this I had a pet cat; it just wondered in off the street and made itself at home. It came to me late one dark night. I heard crying outside which sounded to us all like a baby close by. After a short while of this crying I said, “Someone’s left a baby outside on our doorstep!”

I opened the front door but there was nothing there, apart from the crying. Then I saw it, a kitten on the wall along and across the road. I thought how could something so small be so loud, and sound like a human baby. The cat saw me and ran straight at me; paused right in front of me and gave a conventional meow. Then of it shot off, through my legs and into the house. I closed the front door because it was bloody cold outside.

Anyway we decided to keep it. My parents said to me, “It’s your cat!” The cat went into the kitchen and into mum’s shopping bag and went to sleep. It slept there over night, and for several nights until we got a basket for it. I sexed it as a tom cat. It became very much my cat.

A couple of years later it gave birth; how surprised was I! As times gone on I think I been more successful in sexing things, and grateful for then getting it right for that matter! :unsure: The cat had gone to my mum’s shopping bag and given birth inside it. I managed to get them out and into my cat’s basket. He, the cat, now she, or always she, was very devoted to her kittens; she wouldn’t even leave the basket to eat or drink, and didn’t even if I brought food & water to her.

Then one day whilst I was on the couch, she brought her kittens to me one by one, and placed them close at my side. And then she wondered off for something to eat & drink. I thought, “What do you want me to do with these!:) She wanted me to take care of them so she could eat and drink, and do some other business that I don’t really want to get into. :unsure:

Then later strange things started to happen. She would be in the front room, slowly and attentively turning her head as though she was watching something invisible move across the room. This happed several times on different days.

On a later occasion I saw her staring at a wall in the same front room – she was in the middle of the room. But this time she slowly arched her back and turned her body side on to the wall. I couldn’t see anything at all, but then she started hissing at the wall. This went on for several minutes. Then for some reason my thoughts went back to when I saw my dad come home, twice, within ten minutes of each other. The time when I saw my dad walk by and in front of the same wall, from one door to the opposite door to then go upstairs. When in reality he had only come home once.

Going back to the cat/wall incident. I stood up and there was a shiver that started in my scalp, and slowly moved down my body to my toes. It was like a concentrated ring of ‘shiver’ that moved down my body. For some reason I felt I should open the door to the hall, so I slowly moved to the door and opened it. The cat taking no notice of me, but still hissing at the wall. My cat then slowly lowered its back and slowly waked to the door I’d opened. I then thought I heard something, a quiet groan or something else. I wasn’t ever sure if the noise I thought I heard was related, or whether I had just imagined it.

Walking into the hall, my cat then slowly crept upstairs, with me following. She went into each room as though she was looking for something. Eventually she seemed to relax a bit and went back down stairs, with me following. As we were going back down she stopped a few times on the stairs and turned to look at me befor continuing. About 4 months later something very similar happened again, with my cat hissing at the same wall.

A few months after that my cat ‘disappeared’. Then about 2 years later I saw her in a car park half a mile away, so I brought her back home.
That's an interesting story. There's something poignant in it.

Are you familiar with the television show, "The Haunted?" It's about people's pets reacting in strange ways to unseen things. Mostly ghost-type stories.

I have a short story about my beloved, sweet friend, Howie, our first Boxer who died in March of 2020, when he was only nine. But I'd like to let your story settle. I'll bring Howie up another time.

What was your cat's name?

Are you familiar with the television show, "The Haunted?" It's about people's pets reacting in strange ways to unseen things. Mostly ghost-type stories.

I have a short story about my beloved, sweet friend, Howie, our first Boxer who died in March of 2020, when he was only nine. But I'd like to let your story settle. I'll bring Howie up another time.

"Lucky". It wasn't my chose. My mum asked me what I was going to call it. I said I have no idea. My mum immediately said you should call it Lucky. At the time I thought that was a silly name for a cat, so I said why Lucky?! She said, “Well it must be lucky is it’s come to you”.

At that I just quietly looked at my mum for a while as she then quietly looked at me. The name stuck.

"Lucky". It wasn't my chose. My mum asked me what I was going to call it. I said I have no idea. My mum immediately said you should call it Lucky. At the time I thought that was a silly name for a cat, so I said why Lucky?! She said, “Well it must be lucky is it’s come to you”.

At that I just quietly looked at my mum for a while as she then quietly looked at me. The name stuck.
That's exactly what I was thinking, it was appropriate given the circumstances. :)

No I have never seen this TV Show. I dont have a TV anymore. TV dosent interest me as much as it used to. Actually TV now dosent interest me at all.

Our labrador, who was a senior at the time, refused to go up to the attic room. He also didn't like the basement, and would hide behind the furnace and shake if I made him go down with me. I sensed a male
entity in those areas. My two young nephews were visiting us with their parents one day, playing in the
attic room. They came rushing downstairs, pale and out of breath. A man wearing a blue plaid shirt partly
manifested to them.

Apparently, the old man who lived there, used to dress in a blue plaid work shirt, and work in his basement - according to the old couple who were our next-door neighbours. There was a pot-belly stove in the attic which he liked using in winter.

This was an older house in Niagara Falls.

I guess he didn't like children .. or dogs.

Our labrador, who was a senior at the time, refused to go up to the attic room. He also didn't like the basement, and would hide behind the furnace and shake if I made him go down with me. I sensed a male
entity in those areas. My two young nephews were visiting us with their parents one day, playing in the
attic room. They came rushing downstairs, pale and out of breath. A man wearing a blue plaid shirt partly
manifested to them.

Apparently, the old man who lived there, used to dress in a blue plaid work shirt, and work in his basement - according to the old couple who were our next-door neighbours. There was a pot-belly stove in the attic which he liked using in winter.

See, now, that is some seriously creepy stuff. :/ Must have scared the life out of the boys.

To clarify, you don't watch any shows on your pc or laptop?

Oh yes I do that, well kind of.

Not from a point of streaming TV shows. I got rid of my Netflix account as well. I prefer to search for things specific to what might intrigue me at any given time, on YouTube.

There is a wealth of subjects on YouTube that might interest me at any given time. Anything from the physics & chemistry behind deflagration within an engine’s combustion chamber, and how that might propagate. And how might detonation occur in the same combustion chamber, and what might drive and sustain it. For which I will then compare it to my own preconceived perception of it. Then I might look for comedy, and most things in-between.

That doesn't mean to say I spend most of my spare time in front of a computer screen, just in case you were wondering.

manifested to them.

Interesting!

Not in the same vain, but you made me think of a friend of mine who has had a dog from a pup. My friend later bought a couple of shotguns. The dog has never been around guns before, and my friend has never taken his dog shooting with him, or fired the guns in front of the dog. But every time he brings the guns out to clean them, his dog just looks and stares at the guns. And then the dog starts shaking.

I was told by some Vietnam Vets that they would use psychological warfare by using loud ghost sounds over speakers as they walked through the jungles at night. That came from WWII when American Troops would use that ploy on Japanese islands they invaded. I think Asians are very superstitious at times. Just like the hotel that was being built in Ho Chi Minh City and workers would fall off the girders or have other accidents, they blamed it on the fact that it had 13 stories, which they consider unlucky.

That doesn't mean to say I spend most of my spare time in front of a computer screen, just in case you were wondering.
Well, I do, so no judgement there (not that's there's anything to be judged about that, in any event.)

I watch all my shows on my pc and laptop screens as well: Netflix, Prime and Youtube mostly, but occasionally Disney+ and Hulu. We have shared accounts with daughter, between us, access to several platforms. I don't care for actual, live television as I don't like commercials and don't want to hear the news, which can creep in here and there.

My husband has it upstairs and I trust him to keep me updated on any world-shattering events.

Sort of in the creepy story vein. When the Exorcist came out, my parents and I went to see it. Now...I had not regularly attended church in years. I later had a dream where the two Priests were chasing me through a church chanting "The Power of Christ compels you". Needless to say, I went the following Sunday
That was a genuinely terrifying movie! Such a dream might have sent me running for church (or at least a bible, cross or something) at that time as well. That movie scared me for years.

Back