Criminal activity

Bretrick

As I rose this morning, I went out to bathe in the sunshine.
I noticed that two cars in our off street car park had no number plates.
Obviously someone has come in the middle of the night and stolen them.
When I looked at my plates I notice ordinary screws holding them in place. I think I will get some antitheft one way screws today.
The thieves might return tonight.
Is this a "thing" in your area?

The thieves who victimized me recently set their sights much higher.
They tried to steal my car a few months ago. They ran off when the alarm was activated but they damaged the door lock cylinder.
More recently, my property tax check was stolen, forged & cashed. (my bank replaced the money).

The thieves who victimized me recently set their sights much higher.
They tried to steal my car a few months ago. They ran off when the alarm was activated but they damaged the door lock cylinder.
More recently, my property tax check was stolen, forged & cashed. (my bank replaced the money).
Every year there seems to be more and more evil people getting around.

As I rose this morning, I went out to bathe in the sunshine.
I noticed that two cars in our off street car park had no number plates.
Obviously someone has come in the middle of the night and stolen them.
When I looked at my plates I notice ordinary screws holding them in place. I think I will get some antitheft one way screws today.
The thieves might return tonight.
Is this a "thing" in your area?
this happened to a neighbor ...
if a criminal will be using a car to be the get away etc........ they steal plates....... so if cameras or people get the plate # cops go to the person whose plates were stolen and the thieves are long gone.
Neighbor was unaware her plate was missing until police showed up
They KNEW before talking to her they were stolen plates because the car was a total different make and color then the plate was assigned to.
made us all aware to look at our cars/ plates
she honestly did not notice she had no plate on her car could have been a day or a week

I live in the city and sometimes my neighbors cars get messed with. Hopefully for those who park in the lots (an assigned key fob is needed to open the gates), will see their cars be safe. About a year ago, somebody shot into one of the cars though. Don't know if it was devilment or was just a bad shot. Nobody was out there at the time. I think there have been a couple of incidences on the street as well. I'm not on the street side so I didn't see or hear anything.

One time, before going back to Australia, I was staying at a friend's apartment. They had outdoor parking. My car was the newest .. so, of course it was keyed :( I guess I'm fortunate it wasn't broken into.

Back