Cruise ships sent packing

I've heard from so many the passengers throw out everything including sanitary washing and don't get me started about kids. If I ever go on a cruise, it's because I've become ready to accept my fate.

One of the things that I have never done is to take a cruise. My wife keeps bringing it up and I keep telling her to book one, but this has been going on for years and yet, still no cruise. So, does she really want to go? I’m beginning to think she is toying with me.

Well, there’s cruising, and then there’s cruising…. Took the whole fam on a Carnival cruise. Grandkids had a great time, and we enjoyed the excursions, but the onboard experience was less than ideal. Then Dave and I took a Viking ocean cruise. Way different experience. Also way more expensive. Dave says cruising feels like a real vacation, which is high praise for he who is a control freak. I think cruise lines are much more environmentally conscious these days.

They are not all alike. We have gone on 2 Holland America, one to Alaska and the other in the western Caribbean. Both were good.
we found that an important factor is the size of the ship. When you pull into a port and the tourists outnumber the locals, your ship is too big.
On a mega-ship that carried 4000 passengers, the whole trip was like a cattle drive. I will never, ever go on a mega-ship again.

I went on one cruise in my life...with trepidation (due to cruise mishaps that had been reported) and had a good time. It was a Celebrity 7 day cruise to Bermuda. The staff, the service, the food, the entertainment were wonderful. I had a nice ocean view cabin all to myself. I enjoyed being on the ship more than the time we spent ashore. I would have enjoyed it more if more of my family could've been there (it was a reunion cruse, planned on too short notice) and if there had been more coordination regarding meeting at certain points at certain times for some of the activities. I don't know if I'll ever take another one though. If more countries start banning cruise ships, the industry will suffer yet another blow.

I have taken 6 royal Caribbean cruises and they were great! I took one to Alaska, New England and Canada and the rest were in the Caribbean.

Back