Daily Diet

Not really. I eat when I am hungry. I get on certain kicks. For awhile I will want hot dogs for several days. Then I want grilled cheese sandwiches. Right now I want green salads with hard boiled eggs and crackers.I always have milk on hand. Peanut butter and honey sandwiches are a favorite also. Since I live alone, I usually eat a good breakfast and then around 2 in the afternoon I will eat something. Thats about it for the day. Before I go to bed I will have a bowl of ice cream or some jello. I cook for the Holidays and will eat leftovers for a couple of days then I am back to my usual diet. Sometimes I will order in and thats a treat.

My story is very similar to @terry123 but I do lean towards a Keto/Atkins low carb diet.

Carbs will always be a curse and a comfort for me!

i-have-an-angel-on-one-shoulder-and-a-devil-5727934.png

I grew up eating a starch, vegetable and some type of protein for dinner with fruit, pudding or jello for dessert. That's how I fed my family and still cook to this day. We also have a soup night, a pasta night and once in awhile breakfast food for dinner.. Sometimes the meal is a little off balance because we indulge in more of what we like. I don't worry about that.
It usually balances out.
Ice cream is the preferred snack for later on in the evening sometimes cake or cookies.
These days I usually double the recipe so I can freeze some for another meal. We rarely go out even when we could.
We never order fast foods and when the kids were small going to MacDonald's was a special treat that didn't happen that often.

Since I asked the question, my diet is basically the food Pyramid. Minimal processed foods. Unfortunately in the winter fresh fruit and vegetables have been trucked long distances and are less than nutritionally perfect. Supper is finished by 6 and there is never any snacking until breakfast at ~ 9am.

Back