Dances With Wolves

Don M.

SF VIP
While flipping through the channels this evening, I came across a replay of the 1990 movie, Dances with Wolves, starring Keven Costner. I tuned in, and within minutes I was enthralled by one of the better movies ever made, IMO. This old movie won 7 oscars and was voted the best picture of 1990....and I can understand why....it is based upon Fact.
It's a shame that today's movie producers can't find such historical subjects to create films around....instead of making garbage that appeals to the mindset of a 14 yr. old.

Don,I saw that movie when it came out in 1990,loved it
It was Kevin Costner's debut as director,he deserved the Oscar for Best Director.The other awards for the movie ,Best Picture,Screenplay,Original Score by John Barry,Cinematography,Editing,Sound Recording
A wonderful cast with Costner,Mary McDonnell Grahame Greene,Rodney A.Grant,Wes Studi

I saw it first on a Trans Atlantic flight and thought it was fantastic. I saw it later on TV, and it had been edited to remove some of the "nastier" bits. I think in doing so it lost a lot of its impact. I haven't seen it lately, but would like to see the original uncut version again.

Don,I saw that movie when it came out in 1990,loved it
It was Kevin Costner's debut as director,he deserved the Oscar for Best Director.The other awards for the movie ,Best Picture,Screenplay,Original Score by John Barry,Cinematography,Editing,Sound Recording
A wonderful cast with Costner,Mary McDonnell Grahame Greene,Rodney A.Grant,Wes Studi
The music was incredible.

Yes. Wife and I have not seen it for awhile, but have viewed it at least three times. It's a little too much of a 'downer' to watch now, kind of like Little Big Man as far as the violence.

Back