Death of Paul O Grady

Rose65

I feel real sadness at this news, 67 is just too young to be going.
Here was a good, genuine man who had those rare qualities of humility and integrity, always giving a lot of heart back into life - especially in the care and welfare of animals.
He was a good soul and so talented. He truly communicated with us, his audience and was somehow gentle in his comedy. I feel a real star has gone, he was doing well and had plans yet.
Death can come suddenly, leaving everyone shocked, so I think Paul will be greatly mourned.

I wonder what people will remember about each of us for after our passing? I hope people speak well of me because that's all you really leave behind?

It is surely a life well lived if nice things are said at your funeral and there are those that truly mourn you. Otherwise it's a waste, no matter how rich and powerful anyone might have been, nothing goes with you.

Hear, hear, Rose.

R.I.P. Paul, you entertained well without resorting
to bad language, the "Comedian", who amused us
cleanly, plus the animals, you really cared.

Mike.

OOps didn't see this post before I posted mine.. deleted mine...

We mourn the loss of Drag artist turned comedian/ radio & TV presenter, and champion for abused and abandoned dogs.. who has died suddenly today age 67 , 3 months younger than me.

I worked with Paul 20 years ago when he had his first TV show.. a lovely funny man, a scouse through to his boots.. and a big loss to the Industry..

R.I.P... make 'em laugh in Heaven Paul...

0_Paul-O-Grady.png

I think of Paul O Grady as a superb entertainer and man. I really don't think him being gay or a drag queen etc is even important. He was acceptable to everyone because he didn't force such issues upon anyone. He kept his life dignified and private, very wisely. I think he was a great role model for everyone as to how to be famous but down to earth. He just was who he was and we loved him for that individuality.

I hope I have expressed that without offending anyone.

RIP Paul . I don't recognize him, but he looks a lovely person. Hearing about his love for dogs, I bet his other (four legged) friends are going to miss him as well as others who knew and worked with him.

Last edited:
A genuine, caring man, born to a working-class Irish migrant family Paul O’Grady moved to London in the late 1970s, initially working as a peripatetic care officer for Camden Council before developing his drag act in 1978, the rest is history

Thanks for all the fun and laughter, R.I.P Paul

Sounds like he was a very caring and wonderful guy although I hadn't heard about him before. Rest in peace Paul.

Back