December 2019... Share Your Day... Merry Christmas All...

Dec 1st--------wow soon comes round 'just did the tree ' this year I got a artificial one ' and it's a black spruce
wasnt keen when I undid it but after the long struggle of opening it up its not so bad ' in fact I put on 3 lots of lights
and the white baubles- look good too .. trying to cook sunday roast at the same time ' animals need feeding =while hubby sits and reads Grrrrrrr men !!!!!

It's past 2pm here..grey cold and dull.. but no ice like yesterday.

We were woken at 4.20 am by a Huge Sonic Boom so loud that most of London and my county thought there was a bomb or an earthquake, it shook everything, houses, windows , set off car alarms etc . Woke my husband but I slept right through it.

Turned out to be.. 2 RAF Eurofighter typhoons which were scrambled from Lincolnshire to intercept a Boeing 767-300 from Tel Aviv which had lost contact with air traffic control at 3.50am, and 10 minutes later at 4am the RAF fighter planes took off in hot pursuit, but all was well and the Plane safely went on it's way..but not before North London and Hertfordshire were woken up in a panic.

( A little info) Depending on the aircraft's altitude, a sonic boom will be heard at ground level two to 60 seconds after it breaks the speed of sound.

The distance from which the boom can be heard is approximately one mile per 1,000 feet of altitude.

Therefore a supersonic aircraft travelling at an altitude of 30,000 miles would cause a lateral boom of about 30 miles.

Anyway..twitter and the media was alight with people awoken and wondering what had happened.. and especially so after the terrorist attack on London Bridge day before yesterday. Thankfully all was well

Right this very minute after her very short visit here this weekend my daughter is flight side right now and waiting to board her flight back home.. but I hope she's energised by it after our lovely day yesterday with all of us ..and ready for a very hard working December for her.

Hey, our morning in Texas was sure beautiful - sunny and calm compared to this. Sometimes the boys around here shoot off some Tannerite (a binery explosive) for sighting distance in their long guns and it will sound like something hits the top of the roofs and bounces down, but nothing like that. Some folks report dishes rattling in the sink. One time years ago, a natural gas well exploded about 50 miles from here...home of the famous Blue Bell Creamery...where the contented cows live. It blew out a window screen over the kitchen sink and shook up a lot of folks. Bet those cows weren't so contented for a while after that big blast. We didn't eat any ice cream for a while...lol.

Hope you guys are back to normal now! Normally, I don't answer to anything except God & Elvis, but that could sure get my attention!

Good Evening Kids... Hmmmmm December already, not sure where the last six months went... It was summer, nice weather, working on the property, and this afternoon waiting for snow that is supposed to come... Yeehaw... Not really, I much rather have the warm weather... Don't have quite as much pain as I do with the cold and damp weather...

@hollydolly I am happy YOU are ok... Must have been a little scary... All I heard here was the wolves howling away... Nice sound and it sounds close, but they are probably a mile away or so...

Went out shopping yesterday, and bought NOTHING... Didn't see anything that caught our eyes... So will try again on Wednesday... Maybe, and that's a BIG maybe we'll go into the city... Hate driving in the city, everyone's in a race, or a hurry and think they are the only ones on the road...

Well Kids, Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon and evening, or morning depending on where you are... and God Bless YOU all...

As we live in Florida it was a beautiful day we went swimming this afternoon and just returned from a bike ride in the neighborhood. Tomorrow I’m going to try and finish up my Christmas shopping as there was no way I would have ventured out this weekend to go shopping. Every day I’m thankful for my life.

Your recipe sounds delish Radish R and one I will try.

DEC. 2nd.
My day started early. Slept well woke up and lay ensconsed in my warm duvet. Got up and having a cup of tea and Monday is housework day for me change bed linen and vacuum and polish about.

Yes, time is ticking way, isnt it? The holiday will soon be upon us. I am buying bits and bobs for the tree. My Son and family will pop in and do the tree; get it from the loft and erect it and faff about with the lights as per usual and GD will decorate it for Nanny.

Wonder what you are all doing today and hope ur weather doesnt hinder any plans 👋

Good Morning all... Well up early with pain, and this itch whatever it might be... Have a thought of what it is, but not definite on it yet. Carl needs to back to the vet today, and if I think what's wrong with him, then we have a huge problem here... But time will tell... Well, it's snowing here and has been since about 5 last night. Have to take the garbage out, so will probably plow the laneway at the same time. Other than that, not a lot new... So I hope YOU all have a wonderful day, and God Bless YOU all... time for #3 coffee...

Morning all...

It's just after 9am...and outside the lawn is white with frost and the cars are covered in ice but no snow and the sun is again coming up, so like Saturday, hopefully there will be enough heat in the sun to melt the ice....if it does then I'll drive over to the Marina and nature park and take a walk to exercise my painful knee...

Hope your snow isn't too deep @Aunt Bea & @mike4lorie 🌨☃

Have a good Monday folks...

getting-nice-christmas-tree-scenery-wallpapers.jpg

holly my hubby heard it -above us ' he said it was such a drone sound like lots of planes the sound actually lasted about 20 seconds

We're drinking our coffee and then will take off to the garden club Christmas luncheon. Bringing a "BAR" cake, named for happy hour appetizers where you drink wine, beer, or a cocktail at the "Bar" - and you don't want anything sweet. Its made by sticking picks full of meat, cheese & pickles over the top of a large round of bread. My mom invented it:

100_7133.jpeg

Good Morning all... Well up early with pain, and this itch whatever it might be... Have a thought of what it is, but not definite on it yet. Carl needs to back to the vet today, and if I think what's wrong with him, then we have a huge problem here... But time will tell... Well, it's snowing here and has been since about 5 last night. Have to take the garbage out, so will probably plow the laneway at the same time. Other than that, not a lot new... So I hope YOU all have a wonderful day, and God Bless YOU all... time for #3 coffee...
Snowing again here too, Mike. I hope Carl is ok!

Bless you, too, Mike! I hope your pain subsides.

holly my hubby heard it -above us ' he said it was such a drone sound like lots of planes the sound actually lasted about 20 seconds
yes it would have just taken off from near you hence the few seconds noise, but by the time it got to us here 10 minutes later they were flying at full speed, hence the Sonic Boom... :eek:

I really didn't want to go out lately with it being so cold but felt somewhat energized and took a cab yesterday to get a few things done..one of my stops was at the place I used to go grocery shopping--I needed coffee and coffee filters, shampoo and conditioner and also some western ribs. The store people had rearranged the meat sections of the store..haven't a clue why they did that but it did look better. Goes to show that things will change while we are away, haven't been to that store in about 3 mos. or so.

Not sure if my dog needs to go to the vet for her problem or not. She hasn't done her classic butt scoot in some time which is my sign that she needs to go. That is unless I haven't seen her do it. We will see what she does...

Back