Deer Greeted Us At the Beginning of Our Walk This Morning

What a wonderful way to begin your walk. I do not begin to see them until early fall here. I had a doe come to my kitchen window, watching me....as I was washing dishes. Of course the mother was policing it all, at not to far a distance. Three very noisy boys just moved in across the road from me. Worry how they will affect all my wild life friends.

Thanks guys! Nona, we get them behind our back yard fence sometimes, here's a buck taking advantage of our pear tree. :love_heart: I love to see the wildlife, and appreciate everyone who is respectful of them and quiet around them.

attachment.php

Beautiful, just beautiful pics SB. A friend of mine lives in a gardener's cottage on a large estate a few miles south of here. Often when I visit I am privileged to see as many as twenty deer grazing in the field nearby.

It's in a wildlife protected area Nona, so there are no hunters to fear for these creatures. AC, I think they usually avoid people, but in certain areas they get used to them. I've been in parks where people actually feed them and pet them. I'm against that, they should find their own food, it's healthier for them, unless there are some unusual circumstances where they have problems doing that.

He knows he has a little protection with that fence, one morning he was nose to nose with a coyote, mother hen saw that through the window and ran out clapping and yelling, go On GET!! :playful:

Back