Did you ever do anything dumb ?

Sassycakes

SF VIP
I just got off the phone with my Son. We were talking about the past and he brought up his Mother son luncheon when he was graduating high school. They played a lot of songs and the boys and their Mom's danced to them. Then they played a song and I said to him "Oh what a wonderful song you guys made up just to sing to your Mothers." My son cracked up and told me that song had been around for years and it wasn't written by the boys in his class." Not only did my son crack up but so did his friends. I was soo ashamed but I got over it. He made me really laugh when he brought it up today after all these years. I was so happy that he remembered it.

I don't think I do lately but my wife would disagree. Only time I remember is when we were having friends over for BBQ. For outdoors we had <---- key word had a set of plastic salt & pepper shakers.

A little dusty I thought washing & drying them before guests arrived would please my wife.

Washing went great, drying them in the oven no so great.

dumist ever was -round my boyfriends house years ago' who I married ' lit the gas oven and someone knocked '
I called to him then looked for the matches as it was a old cooker - he was chatting at the door -I opened the oven and lit the match wWOW it knocked me backwards singed my sweater and my eyelashes young and dumb !!!!!

OH YESSSSS... One day my daughter and I went to the store..we came out and I freaked out because I did not have my purse - I was like Oh my God.. my purse, she said mom, its on your shoulder..smh.
I agree with the other post call the coroner if I loose my sense of humor or stop doing anything dumb.. I crack myself up sometimes. Its in my blood.

HERE I GO AGAIN!!!

Ok... I am in the dining room on my laptop. Earlier hubby left to go to the store and after he left I heard this weird noise.. I thought it may have been the TV.. He came home, he opened the door, I heard it again but had stopped before he got in the house. So I am sitting here and I heard it again.. I said see, see, there it go again. He got up and looked and said, its your phone.. my phone was on vibrate in the family room. I told you guys, I crack myself up. :ROFLMAO:

As I stated, call the people if I ever stop doing anything dumb or lose my sense of humor!!!

Many people can truthfully say, that they were searching for where they had put their eyeglasses....
until they finally found them....ON their head. :geek:

Well today I had a different experience.

I was extremely tired and preparing to take an afternoon nap, and I reached up at my face, THREE times!, to TRY to take my eyeglasses OFF,
before I finally realized....
I did not have them on. :rolleyes:

Luckily , there was no one there to see that, and I do not plan to tell ANYONE, so no one will know. Right?

Thank you @AprilSun !

It truly was an odd sensation. I touched my own face, but didn't get the glasses. So I touched my face again, trying to grab my own eyeglasses, and still, I didn't catch my eyeglasses with my hand,
So..... (very rational of me) I tried a third time....my hand swiped my face, i felt my skin for the 3rd time, but still no glasses in my hand.

Finally, a light bulb went off in my head. 💡

o_O

Thank you @AprilSun !

It truly was an odd sensation. I touched my own face, but didn't get the glasses. So I touched my face again, trying to grab my own eyeglasses, and still, I didn't catch my eyeglasses with my hand,
So..... (very rational of me) I tried a third time....my hand swiped my face, i felt my skin for the 3rd time, but still no glasses in my hand.

Finally, a light bulb went off in my head. 💡

o_O

It sounds like we have something in common.

Moi? Surely you jest! How about the time I typed up a letter of recommendation and made this teeny, tiny typo "Mr. X and his family will be valuable asses to your community."

Or maybe you'll like this one better. I addressed a letter to the Department of Pubic Safety.

ETA: Just so yanno, both those errors were caught before mailing. But pubic safety? Should be paramount!

Last edited:
I forgot about this one. Years ago when Whatsisname, the Father of my Children, was still a student and I a student wife, I worked part time wherever I was needed at the university. I don't remember what the occasion, but some big doings requiring registration, and I was asked to help out. There was a lull in the line of people coming through. A nice, casually dressed, older gentleman stopped to chat with me, asking was I a student, employee, alumna. I told him that my DH was graduating that spring and how proud I was that he'd already been named the outstanding graduate of his college with a perfect 4-pt GPA and had been invited to dinner with the president, honoring the outstanding graduates of each college. He made the appropriate noises of approval. Then I asked him if he worked there. Well, as a matter of fact, he did. He was the president of the university. I didn't crawl under the registration table, but I wanted to.

A few weeks later, Whatsisname got all duded up and bopped off to the dinner. When he came home that evening, he mentioned that the president remembered me (I'll bet he did! LOL) and sent his regards.

One time when shopping at WallyWorld my lady needed to use the rest room.
Asked me to watch the cart.
I was involved in pricing some ammo.
Chatted with the clerk.
Looked back at the cart
My lady's purse was gone!!

Ran to the front of the store, pushing aside anybody that got in the way.
Had the store on lockdown.
Security was running around, looking for someone with a burlap looking purse.
While in the restroom, my lady heard her name from a walkie-talkie

She came outa the restroom looking puzzled....purse over her shoulder

Have yet to go back to that certain store

Chatted with the clerk.
Looked back at the cart

You should go in, buy a pack of gum, then tell the cashier to have a nice 24 hours. That'll seal the deal.

Chatted with the clerk.
Looked back at the cart

Sounds a bit like my post... I am freaking out and purse on my shoulders...LOL

THESE ARE TOOOO FUNNY!!!

This just happen today. I was at the store and checked out. The lady gave me my receipt and I was looking for my bag, she said you already have it.. it was hanging on my wrist..:ROFLMAO: Of course I felt 2 feet tall.

Back