Did You Go To Easter Parades When You Were Young?

OneEyedDiva

SF VIP
I seem to remember going to at least one which was a couple of blocks from where we lived. Easter Sunday was always super dress up day, though the church ladies got dressed up every Sunday. Easter Sunday they wore their (even more) fabulous hats. We girls wore our Easter dresses and little Easter bonnets. We wore patent leather shoes and carried our little purses.

Did you get all dressed up and go to the Easter parade?

No parades or Easter egg hunts. We always had bountiful Easter baskets and we did get dressed up in new clothes for church, sometimes an outdoor sunrise service. We remained dressed up until after a very, very, long Easter dinner.

This old photo of Fats Domino and his family reminds me of Easter in America when I was a kid.

05-FATSandFAMILY1.jpg

No parades or Easter egg hunts. We always had bountiful Easter baskets and we did get dressed up in new clothes for church, sometimes an outdoor sunrise service. We remained dressed up until after a very, very, long Easter dinner.

This old photo of Fats Domino and his family reminds me of Easter in America when I was a kid.

05-FATSandFAMILY1.jpg
What a nice photo Aunt Bea. I never saw anything else about him having a family. I'm surprised the wife and girls are not wearing hats though. Still they are looking mighty fine. :love:

Back