Do we need a "Religion" category?

Vida May

Like I posted: best for all.

Free thought allows not visiting, in any group or place, when free thought is possible along with free actions.

The rules are to preserve or to protect what they believe is right there, their free thought is not adversely affected by ney-sayers.
My grandmother's 3 rules are...

1. We respect everyone. It makes no difference who the other person is, the mayor or a bum because being respectful is about who we are.

2. We protect the dignity of others.

3. We do everything with integrity.

I have seen these rules in action. They left people up and bring out the best in people.

Lavinia

I find it interesting to get different views on religion but it does cause disagreements. None of us know the truth when it comes to religious beliefs, so all we can do is express what WE personally believe. (I know I'm repeating what others have said but there is no harm in saying it again).
If people can discuss things rationally and respectfully, I see no reason not to include a religious section.

Uptosnuff

I would like to see a forum about spirituality. Not necessary just religion but including a whole host of other topics. I think people can be spiritual without being religious.

I do agree that this could be tricky to moderate, especially with people's strong views on religion. But it would be so nice to have a place to discuss spirituality in an adult manner.

Em in Ohio

I would like to see a forum about spirituality. Not necessary just religion but including a whole host of other topics. I think people can be spiritual without being religious.

I do agree that this could be tricky to moderate, especially with people's strong views on religion. But it would be so nice to have a place to discuss spirituality in an adult manner.
You might start up a thread of your own - include spirituality in the topic, and see how may responses you get. Also, a definition of spirituality might help in your own initial post. Then define your own view of spirituality and ask for other views. Just a thought!