Do You Balance Your Checkbook Each Month?

I used to balance my checkbook every month, but the last two years since looking after my mother, I do it about every 3 or 4 months.

Balance the checkbook? No need. I have a very nice bank that lets me know when I run out of money.:lol: I do NOT do any online banking. I make purchases with a credit card or cash. I send a check through the mail to pay off the cards each month.

bank_reconciliation_by_mellisa22-d65wa7v.jpg

I remember my mother sitting at the dining room table once a month paying the bills and hoping that there was enough money in the checking account to pay them all. Fast forward 70 years and I am fortunate enough to have the money to have my bills paid automatically online. Progress in all areas of life has been a friend to many of us.

Tips and Tricks for Balancing Your Checkbook

BY HEATHER - Editor’s note: This is a guest post by my husband. Hopefully it will take the mystery out of reconciling your bank account, and give you some possible solutions for when you’re stuck with a balance that’s off by 51 cents, and you can’t figure out why. I usually deal with this problem by stomping around and muttering, and eventually I get so frustrated that I turn the check register over to my husband, and he figures out my mistake in a matter of minutes. See? He knows what he’s talking about!\
http://wantingwhatyouhave.com/2011/06/tips-and-tricks-for-balancing-your.html
27oped-blog480.gif

I used to balance monthly but now that I bank on line I balance once every week or two. It makes no difference, I still don't have enough money.

Back