Do You Drink Your Tap Water?

Our tap water tastes quite decent. We use it for tea and other stuff daily.

For further use, we put it through a Zen Water filter, which filters more stuff out, then adds minerals.

Our water is perfectly safe out of the tap but we filter our drinking water through the fridge filter or a Brita pitcher. Truth be told, in a blind taste test I'm not sure I'd be able to identify our straight tap water from the filtered water.

During the summer days of my youth I drank more water out of the hose than the kitchen tap, and I'm still here to tell the tale.

I used to. We have reservoirs in the mountains with water shed lands all around them and the water was pure and clear, but there came a water borne disease called giordiasis which I and some others contracted. A medication cured it. As a result the water company built treatment plants to make the water safe but the flavor suffered. Lately it has gotten worse, so I now only drink bottled water but still cook with tap water. How's yours?
Yes, I'm fine with it. I even take water to work in a reusable stainless bottle. Our water isn't the best tasting but it's safe. We also have hard water and every now and again the cat's water dish needs a cleaning with cleaning vinegar.

Decades ago, our local water was great, but now it isn't good at all.

Then, at first, I was able to get reverse osmosis water from machines at the grocery store, which was delicious.....
but no longer available, nor could I have someone carry the jugs, now.

Therefore, now I have a portable water filter that is attached to the sink faucet ("kitchen tap" to the U.K! @hollydolly :ROFLMAO: )

The water is very good, and I use it for drinking and for cooking, and for kitty, too.

Have you checked you tap water with the meter? I did this morning an both tap and Zero Water read 000
Yes, I check it once/week. It usually reads "0" for several weeks. But sometimes, I'll change the filter as soon as the water doesn't taste right.

We use PUR water filters on our faucets in the kitchen, bathroom and camper when we go on trips. So we usually drink filtered water including the house water bowl for the dog and cat.....sometimes I fill the outside porch water bowl for them from the outdoor tap. Our water doesn't taste too bad, but I like to remove some of the stuff found in tap water. My sister lives in Texas, and I remember her water tasted horrible, like aquarium water IMO. She gets her drinking water from her refrigerator feature. We also drink a lot of plain, unsalted, unsweetened pure seltzer water, Perrier, etc.

We use PUR water filters on our faucets in the kitchen, bathroom and camper when we go on trips. So we usually drink filtered water including the house water bowl for the dog and cat.....sometimes I fill the outside porch water bowl for them from the outdoor tap. Our water doesn't taste too bad, but I like to remove some of the stuff found in tap water. My sister lives in Texas, and I remember her water tasted horrible, like aquarium water IMO. She gets her drinking water from her refrigerator feature. We also drink a lot of plain, unsalted, unsweetened pure seltzer water, Perrier, etc.
I started out with PUR filters. I changed to Zero after the PUR filters didn't last very long. I think they changed to a cheaper manufacturer.

Lived for 20+ years in the country with a well that was 500 feet down(top of a very steep hill) could’ve sold it to the spring water companies.
Where I live now, yuck! Bottled only

We've used the Brita filter pitcher for years otherwise I would not drink the tap water. It doesn't smell bad, maybe doesn't taste bad either. I'm not a plain water drinker...never have liked just plain water except the Hackensack, N.J. tap water, which I couldn't get enough of during a business meeting at one of the hotels in that town. Other than that I usually use water enhancers or drink other beverages, though very rarely drink soda. We get periodic reports from the water commission on the safety status of the water.

Our tap water is really good - no need for filters etc.. However, a lot of rural properties have their own wells and need complex filtering equipment to ensure that the water is OK to use (it contains a lot of iron). They also have to get it tested for purity every year.

Sure do. Most of what we drink goes through the frig water filter. Our tap water is very good here, but I do miss the ice cold water that we use to have up north. A simple pipe, stuck in the hillside and fresh water ran constantly. Just pure, cold water as it was meant to be.

Back