Do you have date nights?

Why do you need anyone's advice on this?? If you and your partner enjoy it then go for it.. what really matters is whether you both are having a good time with each other or not otherwise different people have different opinions and different experiences. So let me tell you that if both of you are enjoying it then don't take people's opinion on it.
I’m not looking for advice or opinions. I was curious what others do. It’s something we do here, get others’ experience and anecdotal info…just for fun.

Why are you so confrontational?

Don't have date nights we do have random days that have no specific theme. Could be something as simple as a picnic in the park or a spa day and dinner later at a high end restaurant. Thanks to C-19 doing something really memorable for our 60th. anniversary is going to be a little tough to plan.

Don't have date nights we do have random days that have no specific theme. Could be something as simple as a picnic in the park or a spa day and dinner later at a high end restaurant. Thanks to C-19 doing something really memorable for our 60th. anniversary is going to be a little tough to plan.
@Knight so you have date days then? 💕 Maybe I should just have said “dates” i.e. doing something different/special with your person and having that time together one on one, no matter what time of day it is.

We have had regular date nights ever since we married 54 years ago. Maybe because I was still in high school when we married,we just kept on doing what we had been doing since we met-going out on dates on Friday and Saturday nights! Throughout the years,we haven`t always gone out both Friday and Saturday nights-sometimes we were off taking the kids somewhere or just hanging out at home with pizza one of the nights-but we always went out one of the nights.

Our babysitter back in those days is still a close friend-a young teen in those days and now a grandma of 3-one a teenager:eek:-and she came to visit here in Idaho recently. She was telling the story about the night my hubby started to hand her a $20 bill but then pulled it back and tore it in half and said she`d have to come back the next night for the other half lol. She did.

I live in a 55 plus apartment complex. You sure can tell who has been married for 50 years or more. I wouldn't mention any names (to protect the guilty) but I was amazed talking with this couple yesterday. Both of them talking at the same time just like the other person wasn't there. Have they stopped listening to their spouse? I thought it was pretty strange.

Date nights are a good idea. It doesn't have to every week but once in a while do something different with your spouse; just to show him/her that that your still alive. Nothing worse than a couple being stuck in a boring/comfortable route. It does not have to involve "big bucks" like a trip or a night at the opera. A nice picnic or a walk along some nice place would do the trick. I bet your spouse would be pleasantly surprised and who knows what might follow? LOL

I have not heard "date nights' since the 60's
I've not heard of date nights, period. But I think that I have worked it out. We are, or were, never in before the 2020 lockdown, Sunday nights were great, a brother & sister that we knew, had a pub/hotel where they had a vintage rock & roll night. A local band kept us all on our feet. Monday to Saturday was much the same, only with Latin & Ballroom dancing, my wife's ambulance shift permitting. I hated her late shift to the point where I would stay at work until quite late.

Back