Do you/have you ignore(d) your name when you hear someone calling out to you?

Bretrick

When I moved to Perth from Tasmania, I was at the train Station and someone started shouting out my then nickname quite loudly.
I left Tassie because the home town people were real pricks to me and I wanted nothing to do with anyone from there.
I was virtually run out of town because I was constantly being beaten every time I went out for a drink.
So I never turned around, never acknowledged, kept walking.
I want nothing to do with me home town residents

In college I had a fellow classmate who was one of those toxic individuals who were best avoided. He would shout insults at people, usually making fun of their name or some physical characteristic. I ignored him. Of course then he made insulting comments about my hearing. But, I continued to ignore him. Eventually, he disappeard from the campus. I later found out while he was disparaging the other students he was also on academic probation. His grades continued to be bad, so he was shown the exit door.

Last edited:
All depends who's calling, but generally no. Sorry about your treatment. Sounds like you mad the wise decision. Mike

Quote: When I moved to Perth from Tasmania, I was at the train Station and someone started shouting out my then nickname quite loudly.
I left Tassie because the home town people were real pricks to me and I wanted nothing to do with anyone from there.
I was virtually run out of town because I was constantly being beaten every time I went out for a drink.
So I never turned around, never acknowledged, kept walking.
I want nothing to do with me home town residents

In college I had a fellow classmate who was one of those toxic individuals who were best avoided. He would shout insults at people, usually making fun of their name or some physical characteristic. I ignored him. Of course then he made insulting ocmments about my hearing. But, I continued to ignore him. Eventually, he disappeard from the campus. I later found out while he was disparaging the other students he was also on academic probation. His grades continued to be bad, so he was shown the exit door.
I am not superstitious but this incident shows sometimes people get what they deserve.
Those despicable people who want to belittle others can not complain when life kicks them in the butt

My name is Lawrence and my family calls me by my given name. When I used to work the co-workers called me Larry and I would respond to them. But when I am out in the public I do not respond to the name Larry.

Back