Do you know any Free internet T.V. sites?

No I don't have. I will check into it. Thanks.
firestick-channels-list-1.png

Try switching the source in your menu/setup from Cable to AirTV and scanning for channels.

You may pick up a few channels without a set of rabbit ears depending on your location but with the addition of an inexpensive set of rabbit ears, you should get a variety of local channels.
I used to have rabbit ears on my tv when I had a satellite dish, just so I could get local news. I dumped the dish a few years ago and installed a real antenna and I got over 40 channels, out here in the middle of nowhere. There is some overlap because I'm getting reception from 3 different markets, so PBS and the 3 letter networks have a lot of common programming...but they also have some market-specific stuff as well.

For a while I just had a big antenna propped up on my deck and I got a lot of stations...ran the cord through the patio door (left it cracked a bit.) If you want to know which stations transmit to your house and what direction they are, go to a site called TV Fool. It will tell you distance and signal strength for every point of transmission. You might get by with a minimal setup. Of course, all this assumes you don't already get stuff over the air. Since you don't have cable, and you've yet to do internet TV, you likely already have antenna tv and I wasted all this typing.

Personally, I can't do the internet TV thing until they run fiber to my house next year. Heck, there are people in my area who either have dial-up internet or they have no internet at all...they have never been on line! They are annoyingly happy...

What a time not to have cable t.v. and do you know any sites?
I love Roku or Firestik. I quit cable and plugged in Roku and got it all set up. You choose the apps you want, apps of movies and then there are apps that have channels on them similar to cable but different channels. Pluto is one, and you need to read about the app because you may need cable and be charged a fee for a subscription. You can watch the news, series, movies, HGTV, food/cooking shows, so many to choose from. However, if you long for the local channels, you will need an antenna, scan the tv to see how many channels it will let you have and then you might get one of the local channels. I still love Roku better than cable. But, you have to have internet or Wifi in order to stream-Roku.

I understand that is going to be free with free apps on it, right?
And it is free with free apps on it.
Not all is free!!
Peacock will have two programming tiers, both of which will be supported by advertising (limited to five minutes per hour) by default: Peacock Free, which will be available at no charge to all U.S. Internet users, but with a reduced programming lineup; and Peacock Premium, which will be included at no charge for subscribers to participating TV service providers including Xfinity and Cox Communications, and $5 per month for others. Subscribers to Peacock Premium, whether included through their provider or paid separately, can upgrade to an ad-free version for an additional $5 per month.

Not all is free!!
Peacock will have two programming tiers, both of which will be supported by advertising (limited to five minutes per hour) by default: Peacock Free, which will be available at no charge to all U.S. Internet users, but with a reduced programming lineup; and Peacock Premium, which will be included at no charge for subscribers to participating TV service providers including Xfinity and Cox Communications, and $5 per month for others. Subscribers to Peacock Premium, whether included through their provider or paid separately, can upgrade to an ad-free version for an additional $5 per month.
Thank you. I saw that. So, not free. They make if free, but if you want all the benefits, it's not free.

I used to have rabbit ears on my tv when I had a satellite dish, just so I could get local news. I dumped the dish a few years ago and installed a real antenna and I got over 40 channels, out here in the middle of nowhere. There is some overlap because I'm getting reception from 3 different markets, so PBS and the 3 letter networks have a lot of common programming...but they also have some market-specific stuff as well.

For a while I just had a big antenna propped up on my deck and I got a lot of stations...ran the cord through the patio door (left it cracked a bit.) If you want to know which stations transmit to your house and what direction they are, go to a site called TV Fool. It will tell you distance and signal strength for every point of transmission. You might get by with a minimal setup. Of course, all this assumes you don't already get stuff over the air. Since you don't have cable, and you've yet to do internet TV, you likely already have antenna tv and I wasted all this typing.

Personally, I can't do the internet TV thing until they run fiber to my house next year. Heck, there are people in my area who either have dial-up internet or they have no internet at all...they have never been on line! They are annoyingly happy...

thank you all ...sticks...very well written ..and ignorance is bliss ...I live with 100000 blissful dirty and wrong politics individuals...and a reason I go to no trouble to write ..clearly your a good writer with an excellent wit...you not amount to anything hayahhha

Back