Do You Power Nap

Jules

SF VIP
Do you Power Nap? Sleep isn’t necessary.

It’s highly recommended to lie down for 15 to 20 minutes and just rest. My husband did this every day if he wasn’t working. Being retired, he now can do this every day.

I find it boring and become restless.

I think meditation would be a similar principle. I don’t do that either.

I don't power nap... or regular nap. Whenever I've done that over the years (like when I wasn't feeling well or didn't sleep much the night before) and tried to nap, it seriously ruined the rest of my day with the fatigue. I just wait for bedtime now whether or not a nap would have been beneficial. I'll add that I've never tried the power nap you described, but I have a feeling that my thoughts would be swirling a mile a minute and that would be anything but restful. 🥱

No, I do TRANSCENDENTAL DEEP MEDITATION and @Jules, It's not like napping at all!
It's incredibly blissful. It rejuvenates you to inner happiness, peace of mind,
increased creative intelligence and increased abilities, and a happy sense of values.
in only takes 15 to 20 minutes, which you bring out into your daily activities.

Last edited:
I never used to be able to nap sitting upright in a chair, requiring a lay-down bed experience to sleep. This led to excessively long naps, which can interfere with evening sleep. Now I can nap in a comfy chair, and do so perhaps several times a week for time periods of 20 to 45 minutes. It does help get through the rest of the day… 😴 💤

Probably every other day. I have a blacked out, very cool, very quiet sleeping room in the basement. I generally can fall asleep within 5 or 10 minutes and sleep for maybe 15 or 20 while listening to a radio drama. I find I can a lot more done if I take a nap rather than toughing it out.

I don’t nap well, or often.

Very occasionally, usually when I’m ill, I can nap for a bit, but those 20 minute power naps that I’ve tried are just 20 minutes of mind-racing, can’t-get-comfortable restlessness.

Come bedtime though, after I’ve wound down with a game or paint program on my phone, I’ll turn out the light and be asleep in a couple minutes!

I have been a power napper for about forever and like it very much. I don't count laying down in bed as a power nap for me that is a regular nap and I do that often also. For me I can be sitting down or reclined and relax my body, calm my mind, and let a feeling of numbness come over my body. After a few minutes or a half an hour I wake up feeling refreshed and still have a feeling of calmness and numbness in my body. My wife would disagree saying that I am sleeping by telling me that at times I have been snoring saying "Why don't you just go lay down in bed?"

Back