Do you use Apple Pay?

Aunt Bea

SF VIP
Holly’s thread about the new Amazon store made me wonder how many of you use Apple Pay and what your experience has been.

I’ve been reluctant to link my primary credit card as my Apple Pay account.

I tried to apply for an Apple Pay credit card but was declined because they couldn’t verify my identity.

I notice the Apple Pay logo at businesses and will probably take the plunge at some point.

Maybe I’m missing something but I can’t see what the advantage is.

To pay, I pull out my CC and tap. It’s easier to reach into my purse for the metal credit card holder than it is for the phone, which has to be unlocked.

Seems confusing to me ... You can get an Apple Pay credit card, but why do that if you can access Apple Pay on your iPhone, etc. ?
You need an iCloud account for the card also.

Seems confusing to me ... You can get an Apple Pay credit card, but why do that if you can access Apple Pay on your iPhone, etc. ?
You need an iCloud account for the card also.
In order to access Apple Pay on your iPhone you need to have a credit card on file for them to charge. I’m reluctant to link my high limit primary card so I applied for an Apple Card. There is no magic to the Apple Card I could tie any MasterCard or Visa to the Apple Pay.

Maybe I’m missing something but I can’t see what the advantage is.

To pay, I pull out my CC and tap. It’s easier to reach into my purse for the metal credit card holder than it is for the phone, which has to be unlocked.
You can use Apple Pay as a tap n’ go but you can also use it to order and pay for things using contactless or curbside delivery with one call.

I don't have an Apple device anymore but I do have Android which supports Google Pay. I could also use Chase Pay but if I have to login to my phone and pull up the app to do so, it seems just as easy for me to pull out my credit card and stick it in the slot. Cards now have tap to pay too. I've never used that feature either.

Like most, I do not use, Apple pay or Google pay. I use one credit card (Discover) that gives me back so many $$ to use at Amazon or other stores online.

The only one I have linked to "Pay Pal" is Discover. Both Pay Pal & discover have stopped my account from being used fraudulently.

Holly’s thread about the new Amazon store made me wonder how many of you use Apple Pay and what your experience has been.

I’ve been reluctant to link my primary credit card as my Apple Pay account.

I tried to apply for an Apple Pay credit card but was declined because they couldn’t verify my identity.

I notice the Apple Pay logo at businesses and will probably take the plunge at some point.
Apple Pay is probably one of the safest and most secure forms of payment out there. Unlike other forms of payment like credit & debit cards, Apple Pay generates a 1x use security code for every payment made online or in a store. Your personal information is also encrypted and is not tied to your method of payment. This way your information is never compromised if the retailer has a security breach. I highly recommend using Apple Pay for all your payments.

Apple Pay is probably one of the safest and most secure forms of payment out there. Unlike other forms of payment like credit & debit cards, Apple Pay generates a 1x use security code for every payment made online or in a store. Your personal information is also encrypted and is not tied to your method of payment. This way your information is never compromised if the retailer has a security breach. I highly recommend using Apple Pay for all your payments.

The fact that it does not expose your CC number sold me. I use it whenever I can.

Back