Doctor With a Long History of Injuring Patients Kills Pregnant Woman

What really bothers me is the way they allow a doctor to continue practicing, even after several tragedies. They just move him to a different hospital. And no patient has any way of finding out anything about a doctor. Par for the course.
Same with dentists - patients have to learn the hard way by being hurt, as I was.
"Dateline" & "60 Minutes" have done several pieces on that subject.

Last edited:
What really bothers me is the way they allow a doctor to continue practicing, even after several tragedies. They just move him to a different hospital. And no patient has any way of finding out anything about a doctor. Par for the course.
"Dateline" & "60 Minutes" have done several pieces on that subject.
I know now, it's ridiculous that they let these doctors keep practicing when they are making grave mistakes!

The answer is right in front.

The document paints a disturbing picture of dysfunction at Woodhull, part of the city’s public hospital system. Nearly 1,500 women give birth there each year, about 85% of them Black or Hispanic. Under 10% are white. The majority of patients have Medicaid.

The "system" isn't racist, the problem is people IN the system are. Hispanics/Blacks are indeed given short shrift in many medical instances. And the hospitals arent as watchful as they once were.

That was true malpractice and criminal. That doctor should be tried for murder.
It's rare for a doctor to be charged criminally for anything he does to his patient.
The only reason Michael Jackson's doctor was convicted of manslaughter was because of the blatant nature of his care. And obtaining prescription drugs using fraudulent names. And even then, he only served 1.5 years of a 4-year sentence. And he's allowed to practice in other countries.
Here's an even better example. A kidnapper who buried his victim alive in a coffin underground served 10 years in prison & when he was released, he was allowed to attend medical school & become a doctor:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Mackle_kidnapping
https://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=91055&page=1

Last edited:
I can go for the kidnapper. What I cannot abide is the boards that handle licensing of nurses and physicians being so tolerant. I (as a retired nurse) do feel there is quite a difference between gross malpractice and malpractice. I know some would feel that was splitting hairs … but I have seen good physicians make bad mistakes. Unintentional bad mistakes. Then there are the times when the care is so poor that it falls into the “house keeper” category. Meaning that the house keeper would of known better.

Back