Does Anyone Drink The Matcha Green Tea

drifter

I am a hot tea drinker but I use báck tea. I wondering about the powdered matcha tea. Can anyone enlighten me?

I am a hot tea drinker but I use báck tea. I wondering about the powdered matcha tea. Can anyone enlighten me?
I have matcha teabags. They were on the costly side, and though the flavour is okay, I expected it to taste a bit better. They are not 100% matcha, but blended with green tea. Much more flavourful than black tea.

My son-in-law likes the matcha powder that is whisked, but that's too much trouble for me - and expensive. I bought it for him for Xmas one year.

Last edited:
I have matcha teabags. They were on the costly side, and though the flavour is okay, I expected it to taste a bit better. They are not 100% matcha, but blended with green tea. Much more flavourful than black tea.
No joke? I didn’t one could get it in teabags. It must lose something mixed with regular
green tea. However, since I’ve never used it, the green tea might be an improvement.
Thanks for your reply.

No joke? I didn’t one could get it in teabags. It must lose something mixed with regular
green tea. However, since I’ve never used it, the green tea might be an improvement.
Thanks for your reply.
You're welcome :)
We're fortunate to have a Japanese market not too far from home. If you have an Asian market near you, they may have matcha tea bags.

No Japanese market near here but I’ll check around however, Ive been buying
more stuff on line.

ITO EN is the brand I bought. They're distributed by a company in New York. You may have better luck buying online, as you say. Good luck!

Not everyone likes it, as it can get bitter if not prepared properly.
More people prefer Jasmine, or Chinese teas.
Oh tried the jasmine, and some thing called sleepy time, just like the black, but I drink different flavors of the black

Last edited:
No, never have. Have you?

@Aneeda72, Me, too, but didn’t really like it. You?
I've tried Rooibos, and like it. Not sure where it's made .. possibly not India. I enjoy most teas. I bought some unusual blends from a place in Vancouver (Granville Island) years ago. Can't remember the types, but they were so good.

It might be a good idea to drop the thought of trying Matcha tea and stick
with something I know I Like..

I've tried Rooibos, and like it. Not sure where it's made .. possibly not India. I enjoy most teas. I bought some unusual blends from a place in Vancouver (Granville Island) years ago. Can't remember the types, but they were so good.
How about Africa.

Back