Does anyone remember this? "What's your Season?"

Ronni

The motormouth ;)
Ladies, the Color Palette, remember??? 😂 When I was in my 20's-30's I had my colors done three times by three different friends all who were trained in the technique. We bartered because I was poor. (I babysat in exchange) Each time I got a different result! The only season I didn't get was Winter! I finally decided that as a general statement, I should just stick with the warm seasons colors (Summer and Fall) because the cooler colors didn't work on me.

Interestingly though, now that I'm pushing 70 and my hair has greyed and skin tone has changed, I find myself more drawn to the clear and vibrant shades of the Winter palette. Not that I follow any particular season exclusively, but having been so caught up in the fad of the Seasonal Palette that was so popular back in the day, I still tend to think that way now.

What about you? And men, any men on here get their colors done?

I never had it done .. just bought a book.
Ladies, the Color Palette, remember??? 😂 When I was in my 20's-30's I had my colors done three times by three different friends all who were trained in the technique.

What about you? And men, any men on here get their colors done?
I didn’t realize there was a book. Ronni said she ‘had it done three times ,’ so figured it was a service. I know I like rich colours , no pastels however I do like pink in almost all shades.

I didn’t realize there was a book. Ronni said she ‘had it done three times ,’ so figured it was a service. I know I like rich colours , no pastels however I do like pink in almost all shades.
It was a service that you paid to have done. I bought a book that showed the colours of Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.

I've found that my skin has sallowed as I've gotten older, and hair colour makes a difference too.

I had no idea what Ronni was talking about in this thread - I thought it was about the color charts we had to make for art class! Now I figure it is make-up. I never wore any, except for a soft liner under my eyes when most of my lashes fell out (only at work). So, I'm all seasons, I guess. Winter pale, spring blush, summer tan, and fall fade. My skin is too sensitive, so it is "What you see is what you get."

I had no idea what Ronni was talking about in this thread - I thought it was about the color charts we had to make for art class! Now I figure it is make-up. I never wore any, except for a soft liner under my eyes when most of my lashes fell out (only at work). So, I'm all seasons, I guess. Winter pale, spring blush, summer tan, and fall fade. My skin is too sensitive, so it is "What you see is what you get."
It's about clothing colours, Em :)

Nope. Not make up. Or I should say not JUST makeup.

Color me beautiful

Thanks, but I feel so foolish! Does khaki qualify? I have been told that I look good in camouflage!
Don’t feel foolish. I didn’t understand the post at first either. We aren’t seeking perfect people here. We appreciate REAL and real is FAR from perfect.

Khaki is one of my favourite colours. I love the off tone colours for contrast with the bolder ones. Grey works equally as well or at least it does for me.

Summer, but I wear black well. Am a gray-eyed redhead ...well that's still the hair color I choose to show! ...so I tend to like grays and dusty versions of color with muted jewel tones for accent.

Back