Dog Lovers - Mark your calendars

applecruncher

SF VIP
I'm a steadfast cat lover :love: , but I like to watch:

National Dog Show - Thanksgiving Day 12 - 4 EST on NBC, hosted by John O'Hurley
(formerly J. Peterman on Seinfeld)

Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show - February 10 @ 8am on Fox until February 11 @11pm (Remember Border Collie "Verb" and Bichon Frise "Winky"?) Agility competition is really enjoyable. :)

Last edited:
I mean no disrespect to my late hubby, but considering the fact I am not "doing" Thanksgiving until Friday. I can actually watch the dog show tomorrow without dealing with football and dinner guests. Yay.

As always, it was a good show except that the abbreviated format cut our favorite breed (Bichons) out of the final non-sporting competition.
One of the things we like about these dog competitions is that the announcers themselves are such likeable people.

I'm a steadfast cat lover :love: , but I like to watch:

National Dog Show - Thanksgiving Day 12 - 4 EST on NBC, hosted by John O'Hurley
(formerly J. Peterman on Seinfeld)

Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show - February 10 @ 8am on Fox until February 11 @11pm (Remember Border Collie "Verb" and Bichon Frise "Winky"?) Agility competition is really enjoyable. :)
Thanks, I love any dog show! We watched the National Dog Show last night, at one point they flashed the date 2017!!!! 😂

@Mrs. Robinson

Has your niece been able to find out when her beagle will be featured?

Yes,at 9:30 am tomorrow,Eastern time. Which means 6:30 am here. I will try but may have to watch it later on Livestream. They flew there last night on-get this-a private jet. Don`t know who it belongs to but they hob nob with some pretty well known people so I`m assuming it belongs to one of them. My nephew is a pilot and has his own plane but nothing like what they were in.

The winner of last night's Westminster Dog Show is Siba,a standard poodle
As a life long dog lover,my wish before I die would be to see my 2 favorite dog breeds win this title for once, a golden retreiver or labrador

As a life long dog lover,my wish before I die would be to see my 2 favorite dog breeds win this title for once, a golden retreiver or labrador
Think about half of America wants to see a golden win. Can't understand why they haven't...unless they are just to "pedestrian" for the haute crowd...lol.

I don't care for poodles and Siba's grooming was too extreme, imo. I was hoping bulldog Thor would come out on top again. I see the Whippet came in second.

Last edited:

I understand that sentiment.. they are such sweet and loving companions.

Back