Don't come to Atria if you play golf!

done

I am a fit senior with no physical infirmities. I work out 3 days a week.I'm in far better shape than the so-called "care givers" who limp in once a day with a pill.

I wanted to play golf at an outing with friends from my old neighborhood. Atria insists that I can't play golf without a "caregiver" with me. You can just imagine the humiliation of having some minimum wage grunt follow us around! They can't make a move on behalf of seniors here without protecting themselves from every conceivable negative outcome. Look carefully before you consign a senior to this prison.

What type of place are you in? My friend in assisted living can go anywhere he wants to. No one goes with him but he does get the support he needs when he requests it.

Sounds like Atria may have a history of civil laws suits filed by residents (or relatives of residents) for neglect of safety. Atria can be held responsible for injury or negligent death. Caregiver shadowing on the golf course sounds like legal advice from Atria's legal team.
Maybe you can ask Atria if their lawyers can carry your golf bags.😁

Watch what you say about those minimum wage grunts. When life catches up with you and you're bedridden, you might like them. They will be the ones cleaning you and changing your diapers.

Back