Drinking hot/warm water for better health....

PopsnTuff

Drinking hot water can provide your body with the water it needs to replenish fluids. It can also improve digestion, relieve congestion, and even make you feel more relaxed. Most people who drink hot water as a holistic health remedy do so first thing in the morning or right before bed for optimal health....read on for more info....
https://www.healthline.com/health/benefits-of-drinking-hot-water#calms-central-nervous-system

I'm in the process of trying this....got nothing to lose at this point except my sanity, lol.....

Pops n Tuff: I LOVE that website! So informative! If I have a stomach ache from eating queso, I drink warm water with a tsp of baking soda and it helps it right away! Thanks for posting this!

I once had an acquaintance who began each day with lemon juice in a large glass of warm water. She claimed it was for health reasons but she died from heart disease much too young - in her 60s.
I used to eat a half of a lemon every morning to start my day. Don't know if it did anything but I loved the taste with sprinkled salt. Then someone told me it would destroy my tooth enamal so I quit. No problems wth tooth enamal though.

I've heard that drinking tepid water as opposed to cold, especially if you were really thirsty after exercise was good for you. I was drinking tepid water with lemon juice in the mornings for a long time, then I switched to lemon juice with a little baking soda to promote alkalinity. I feel out of that habit, just got busy in the mornings and stopped.

I'd caution about drinking anything too hot though, they say that drinking hot tea, which I did years ago when I used to get a lot of colds, could harm the delicate tissues of the throat and esophagus.

Thanks for posting that Pops, good reminder! 🌿

I used to eat a half of a lemon every morning to start my day. Don't know if it did anything but I loved the taste with sprinkled salt. Then someone told me it would destroy my tooth enamal so I quit. No problems wth tooth enamal though.
I always heard that too....I luv lemon juice on almost everything and used eat fresh lemons and stopped.

I've heard that drinking tepid water as opposed to cold, especially if you were really thirsty after exercise was good for you. I was drinking tepid water with lemon juice in the mornings for a long time, then I switched to lemon juice with a little baking soda to promote alkalinity. I feel out of that habit, just got busy in the mornings and stopped.

I'd caution about drinking anything too hot though, they say that drinking hot tea, which I did years ago when I used to get a lot of colds, could harm the delicate tissues of the throat and esophagus.

Thanks for posting that Pops, good reminder! 🌿
Thats exactly what I have to be careful of....too cold or too hot actually causes spasms in my esophagus and it hurts.

I always heard that too....I luv lemon juice on almost everything and used eat fresh lemons and stopped.
I read once that Luciano Pavarotti the opera singer used to (or still does) suck on lemons to help his voice. I don't know what shape his teeth are in, I would assume all that acid would wear out the teeth enamel.

I have read that the best water is room temperature. I keep a covered glass of water on my counter to remind myself to drink (I'm not big on water drinking). They said we need a minimum of two cups of water daily, not including other liquids.

I'm a big water drinker....its my favorite beverage room temperature now....used to luv ice cold but it hurts too much going down and my Dad always said its not good for your lungs.....I've been boiling mine now for 5 minutes and cooled down before I pour into my Brita pitcher otherwise regular tap water goes in it......

I'm a big water drinker....its my favorite beverage room temperature now....used to luv ice cold but it hurts too much going down and my Dad always said its not good for your lungs.....I've been boiling mine now for 5 minutes and cooled down before I pour into my Brita pitcher otherwise regular tap water goes in it......

I would assume that anything too hot or too cold is bad for the body, especially the esophagus.

My favorite drink is Cranberry Juice, after my hysterectomy my doctor said it was good for urinary infections. I keep that in the ref after opening the big bottle. I buy distilled water for drinking, the tap water here is awful.

I had a work associate who while we were all drinking coffee would only drink mugs of hot water, although he lived no longer than average. There are some health benefits to inhaling warm mists such as a humidifier might provide to soothe allergies, dry throat, and some respiratory complaints...

Like my mother (who lived to be 89 and was tough as nails up to 88), I never drink plain water or use ice. It makes me nauseous. I hope coffee counts - it comes out hot, but is tepid by the time I drink it. I do occasionally drink temid lemon water - because it tastes great!

Drinking hot water can provide your body with the water it needs to replenish fluids. It can also improve digestion, relieve congestion, and even make you feel more relaxed. Most people who drink hot water as a holistic health remedy do so first thing in the morning or right before bed for optimal health....read on for more info....
https://www.healthline.com/health/benefits-of-drinking-hot-water#calms-central-nervous-system

I'm in the process of trying this....got nothing to lose at this point except my sanity, lol.....
I don't drink cold water anymore. It's hard on the teeth.

I just fill up a quart bottle with tap water and let it sit on the counter to room temperature.

That also dissipates chlorine in the water supply because it evaporates. Also great for making coffee. My plumber told me that. And that's what they tell you to use when replenishing the fish tank. Once a week I remove 1/3 of the water in the tank and refill . It's amazing how clean the tank keeps. It's good for the fish as well as the ammonia is removed.

It's also great when taking pills with room temperature water. It doesn't jolt the system.

And I sometimes drink my beer warm but I prefer it a bit on the cool side but not freezing.

Back