Duck Duck Go Search Engine/Browser

Oh my! I have been using "Ducky" for several years now and to find out that they have been cheatin' and they have been lyin' to a bit of an eye opener. So, now the truth is out there! Ducky has been a very naughty Ducky by giving away our most personal secrets. Can't trust big business and I sure can't trust the internet. There are crooks near and there are crooks all over. Not only in Nigeria or the Putin's Russia. Big business here in Canada and the US is also out to get us! Big Brother and Big Sister are out there and they are watching us 24/7. Disgusting!

Oh my! I have been using "Ducky" for several years now and to find out that they have been cheatin' and they have been lyin' to a bit of an eye opener. So, now the truth is out there! Ducky has been a very naughty Ducky by giving away our most personal secrets. Can't trust big business and I sure can't trust the internet. There are crooks near and there are crooks all over. Not only in Nigeria or the Putin's Russia. Big business here in Canada and the US is also out to get us! Big Brother and Big Sister are out there and they are watching us 24/7. Disgusting!

yes bit of a shock...may as well stay with Google...at least we know what they are up to

With millions of tech-detectives all over the world, and so many browsers to choose from, none of them can afford this kind of crap anymore. Can you imagine the millions of Duck Duck Goers who just dropped the Duck and Went?

"we expect to have an update soon that will include more 3rd-party Microsoft protection"

You can bet their bottom line they're working on it.

How private does a person have to be, especially if they avoid exposing too much personal info online, especially financial? Everybody's gotta be somewhere and I'm here. So what?

I'll continue to use the duck until something better comes along. Some privacy holes are better than no privacy whatsoever (Google).

Does anyone here use a VPN?
I use protonvpn on my ubuntu and windows computers. Right now, I am coming here via Norway. Yesterday, the Ukraine.

Something that concerns me is how they access all devices which use the same router. I live alone and use more than one device. If I search for something on one device, I then get ads for that item on other devices. Not a problem when it's just me but if I had someone staying with me, they would be able to see what I had been enquiring about.

Something that concerns me is how they access all devices which use the same router. I live alone and use more than one device. If I search for something on one device, I then get ads for that item on other devices. Not a problem when it's just me but if I had someone staying with me, they would be able to see what I had been enquiring about.
one thing that puzzles me at the risk of sounding stupid, is why my search history in firefox also appears in Chrome on my Mac .. I clear my history in Firefox.. but it's still there when I open Chrome ..

I tried DDG a couple of times when I first heard of it.. didn't like the format.

Otherwise, though, I liked the ads they had on tv for a few months recently- the guy representing Google, singing 'every click you take, we'll be watching you..' LOL

I have TOTALLY given in to Google. I treat it like it the current "Hal" computer in "2001 Space Odyssey". ( It knows everything - instantly ) I do use "Brave" browser which blocks 98 % of adds.

I tried DDG a couple of times when I first heard of it.. didn't like the format.

Otherwise, though, I liked the ads they had on tv for a few months recently- the guy representing Google, singing 'every click you take, we'll be watching you..' LOL
There's virtually no difference in DDG's and Google search's formats these days. I just did a Google search for chocolate pie recipes on both (two monitors, side by side, one browser open to Google and used Google search engine, the other on Firefox and used DDG). The results looked almost identical.

Google has enough info about me - no sense continuing to feed that monster any more than necessary.

if I clear Chrome cookies don't I have to put the passwords in again for websites.. because I don't know what many of them are since the o/h left...
Yes, assuming that Google isn't set up to remember your passwords. If it is, you'd only need to sign into Google and all your PW would automatically fill in again.

Considering how long ago o/h left, and how many reboots you've had to do, I'd guess that Google is set up to remember your logins and passwords.

Back