Dumb city squirrels,

Our squirrels are gorging themselves on the acorns from our abundant oak trees. We have so many that walking in the yard is like walking on small rocks.
You're lucky you have a good crop of acorns. I recently read there is a poor crop of acorns this year.... but maybe that only in my area (NE), and so beware of bears trying to get food.

I didn't know what they ate!

I got a few lbs. of unsalted peanuts and have been stashing them in our small woods when I walk Doggy. Each day, they are gone.

7ed74c92e3402c6f4b57af5eb467dab5.jpg

e33a1fd04b1532c31101626d8144e522.jpg
This squirrel isn't so dumb. :D

You're lucky you have a good crop of acorns. I recently read there is a poor crop of acorns this year.... but maybe that only in my area (NE), and so beware of bears trying to get food.

I didn't know what they ate!

I got a few lbs. of unsalted peanuts and have been stashing them in our small woods when I walk Doggy. Each day, they are gone.
Let's hope that mice/rats are not the ones eating the peanuts.

Once I put out left over canned corn and the squirrels came over, sniffed it and walked away. The birds didn't eat it either. It laid there for 3 days and I guess something finally ate it... probably a skunk, rabbit or groundhog or something. It seems squirrels and birds don't like cooked corn.

Once I put out left over canned corn and the squirrels came over, sniffed it and walked away. The birds didn't eat it either. It laid there for 3 days and I guess something finally ate it... probably a skunk, rabbit or groundhog or something. It seems squirrels and birds don't like cooked corn.
Some lake fish do, but I don't know which kind. At a camp up in Maine, they would eat canned corn from people's hands!

Yet, another pond here in my town have fish that won't touch it.

Back